Need power in my house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need power in my house

I am not an electrician, but I have been without power for 5 days already. I have a large portable generator (13,500 starting watts and 8000 continuous).

How can I use an extension cord to power my panel?

Thanks in advance.

Man I was just back down there in your neighborhood helping get people w my duck boat. Words cannot explain what my eyes saw down there w the destruction. Wish I could help you with the electricity problem. Glad to see your safe.

Comment

Send me a number I can call you and see what you have on hand to make it work. We can back feed it through dryer or straight to panel with existing breaker and turning off Main breaker.

Comment

If you backfeed,be sure the main breaker is off. Don't want the shore power to kick in...

Comment

+1 (281) 726-6541

Comment

Originally posted by Royal21973 View Post
            Send me a number I can call you and see what you have on hand to make it work. We can back feed it through dryer or straight to panel with existing breaker and turning off Main breaker.
            Roy, I can't thank you enough. I'm proud to have met you. This guy doesn't know me from Paul and took a few hours of his day to help me over the phone. We now have lights, ceiling fans and going to keep last years venison.

Thanks again Roy.

Comment

Awesome. Good deed done. Or as a lady I work with calls the. Stair steps to Hevan. You are a good man Royal

Comment

Good luck to you all.

Comment

I'm glad it worked out. Your family and your parents are in our prays. Stay strong. Once you get power back up give a call and we will undo what we did backwards and get you going. Again, stay safe and call me at any time if you have questions on loads or if you need help with another generator hook-up. check oil levels. You did a great job.

Comment

well done, fellas

Comment

heck yeah

Comment

Originally posted by rickgarcia76 View Post
                        Roy, I can't thank you enough. I'm proud to have met you. This guy doesn't know me from Paul and took a few hours of his day to help me over the phone. We now have lights, ceiling fans and going to keep last years venison.

Thanks again Roy.

Awesome!

Comment

Good stuff.

Something as small as a fan can make a big difference in these times.

Comment

well done

Comment

Awesome

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X