No announcement yet.

Another boat rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So far today, I have made brackets to hold gas tank and battery in place.

Finished mounting everything on the console.

Had to run to town to get raped, I mean registered. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if I never have to do that again. $337 later, I'm legal. Blew my mind. That was for transfer fees for boat and motor, registration, and taxes on new motor. If I had known they were going to charge me taxes on motor I wouldn't have told her what I paid for it. Live and learn. While in town I got a transom saver.

Fill pump for baitwell. This is the hole I cut that I was worried about. And IT FITS!!!

For now, the boat is pretty much ready for the water. I'll shove her in the drink bright and early tomorrow. Gonna tie up a few loose ends this evening. After the run tomorrow I'll give it a good cleaning, then touch up paint what I scratched while putting it all back together. I have to work nights starting tomorrow, but in my free time I'll get the hydro-turf put in.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks good! Mine is very similar with a 70 and I touch over and under 40. You're going to be screaming!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Comment

Glad the tank fits for ya . YOu can always put a spair tank in there too> Or get one with taller diminutions. Nice clean powerhead too.

Look-n forward to the Hydroturf job.

Comment

Awesome job - would you mind sharing who did the initial aluminum fabrication for you? Again, great job and thread

Comment

Thank y'all. Gonna stick it in the water in a couple hours and see how it acts.

Watson Propeller out of groves did the aluminum work.

Comment

Well, it did better than expected. No leaks, was the first plus. With a brand new transom, this was in the back of my head. Motor runs excellent. The tattle tale pisser was partially plugged, so I didn't run it real hard. (Blew line out when I got home, much better). Boat gets up on plane in less than a boats length. It almost floats still on plane. And without getting into it very hard I touched 41mph. I think it's gonna scream when everything is in place right.
              I also checked my water pick up for the baitwell and it pumps good and fast. Nothing to complain about. Now to get the floor in, in a couple of days.

Comment

Don't forget to put your TX numbers on it. It'll save ya some greenbacks, from the Greenback.

Comment

Thanks for the reminder.

Comment

Awesome! Following

Comment

What floor will you use? I have diamond plate in mine and hydro turf on the deck. I'm very happy with it!

I had an air boat once. I ran it 1/2 dozen times before I realized the tags were still laying in my shed!!!

Comment

Originally posted by froghunter View Post
                        What floor will you use? I have diamond plate in mine and hydro turf on the deck. I'm very happy with it!

I had an air boat once. I ran it 1/2 dozen times before I realized the tags were still laying in my shed!!!
                        I've got hydro-turf. Dark grey molded diamond. Just haven't got it in the boat yet. I pulled the motor off today, to troubleshoot some jackplate issues. When I get that figured out, I'll go in with the H-T.

Comment

In for water pics !

Comment

Turned out nice and just in time to enter the Beaumont A&M Club tournament on Sabine this weekend!

Comment

VERY nice work!!!!!!

Comment

Working this weekend

Comment

Working...
                                X