Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Precision Rifle Foam Insert for Pelican 1750

Some thoughts on my initial outings with the Eaton Tactical Pre cut Foam Insert for the 1750 case.

I have been cutting my own case foam since I started using Pelican 1750 cases. I came across Eaton Tactical on Instagram and bought an insert for my POF P-308. I asked mr. Eaton if he had plans to build a precision rifle insert. I'm sure I'm not the first one or the only one that he was discussing this with. We discussed the equipment that I wanted to have in the case with the rifle. Mr. Eaton sent me this prototype to see how it worked with different stock configurations.

Shipping and packaging: the inserts arrive I. A heavy plastic wrap/bag heat sealed on both ends. Inside, the inserts are in a clear plastic wrap sealed on both ends. The packaging works well for shipping.

When it's removed from the packaging, it fits right in the case. The precision rifle foam set includes 3 foam inserts.
    1. A solid bottom layer
    2. An intermediate layer with all cut outs. One end of this layer is cut to fit around the wheels on the Pelican 1750.
    3. The third layer has all of the cutouts and is the last one stacked in the bottom of the case. You could call this the top layer.
    4. The lid uses the OEM Pelican foam that originally came with the case

So, the short answer is it works very well. The only rifle that doesn't fit in it without trimming is the AI chassis. That's going to require the knife.

Since this is a prototype, some input from everyone would be appreciated.

1. Carry the rifle scope up toward the handle or scope down toward the hinges.
    2. What cutouts need to be in the case? In other words what equipment do you want to carry in your 1750 case with the rifle?

1. Rifle
    2. Bolt separate from rifle
    3. Sunshade
    4. Bipod.
    5. Suppressor. Bare or in suppressor cover or in Heat proof pouch?
    6. Cleaning kit
    7. Laser range finder
    8. Dope book. How big is your book?
    9. Magazines
    10. Cleaning rod

What should be in the case with the rifle? Any thoughts?

To order. Go to www.Eatontacticalinnovations.com and use the contact page to and Frank Eaton about them. They are not listed yet.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Looks great! I just contacted them to see about an insert for the pelican 3300. Might try it out with my TBH/APR build.

Comment

Originally posted by RShockley View Post
      Looks great! I just contacted them to see about an insert for the pelican 3300. Might try it out with my TBH/APR build.
      So what should be in the case with the rifle?

Can you think of anything else?

Comment

Seems good. I keep my cleaning rod in one of my cases but there doesn't seem to be room for that here. Like having my range finder, bipod, bolt separate, data book for rifle, and any small tools specific to that rifle/scope.

Comment

Originally posted by RShockley View Post
          Seems good. I keep my cleaning rod in one of my cases but there doesn't seem to be room for that here. Like having my range finder, bipod, bolt separate, data book for rifle, and any small tools specific to that rifle/scope.
          I can't think of anything else. The bags and chrono go on the range pelican case

Comment

Are these available to order? I buy the blank foam pads off of Amazon and cut them. They look like hammered hell when I get done cutting on em.

Comment

Someone asked what foam is used. Polyethylene 2lb closed end cell

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                Are these available to order? I buy the blank foam pads off of Amazon and cut them. They look like hammered hell when I get done cutting on em.
                Use the contact page and ask Frank at Eatontacticalinnovations.com

Comment

A spot for a plastic 50 rd box of ammo would be nice. I wouldnt include the cleaning kit. Also a spot for a kestrel or your desired wind meter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by westtexducks; 02-11-2018, 04:39 PM.

Comment

I may have missed above but how much are these going to run?

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
                      I may have missed above but how much are these going to run?

I think around 79.00

Comment

An interesting addition.

1. Silica gel pack for moisture control

2. Sun drape

Comment

For something that fancy I'd want it fitted to my rifle and the components I want in there in the layout I want them. The space cut for one rifle with another stuck in there doesn't look like it keeps the gun put very well... and doesn't satisfy my appreciation for purpose-driven custom fitment. I'll stick to my $20 Hamilton Beach electric knife.

Rifle
                          Bolt
                          Sling
                          Suppressor
                          Ammo box
                          Bipod

all my other stuff has other places

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
                            . . . . I'll stick to my $20 Hamilton Beach electric knife.
                            The cut out picture tube of, the pre-cut is actually very tight on each of my rifles. That said, before I found Eaton tactical stuff, I would make a cardboard template of the rifle and then use a hot wire foam cutter to cut out the insert

If you get on amazon.com and spend 30 or $40 you can get one of those hot wire cutters. It does and almost professional looking job. That's something I can never achieve with a electric knife or a handheld blade

Comment

Originally posted by SC-Texas View Post
                              If you get on amazon.com and spend 30 or $40 you can get one of those hot wire cutters. It does and almost professional looking job. That's something I can never achieve with a electric knife or a handheld blade.

Thanks for the tip. The electric knife results I've had have been really good and my experience with hot wire wasn't, but I may give it another go.

Comment

Working...
                              X