No announcement yet.

Remington Bankrupt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Learned first hand about their quality control. Last year I bought a brand new Sendero in 300 win Mag. Best 3 shot group I could get with three different loads was a 2.5” at 100yds. Then, the ejector broke after about 30 rounds. Ended up replacing barrel with a proof research. Replacing trigger and and the ejector. I have several much older Remington’s that have been great But I will never buy another Remington rifle.
    Last edited by Double-Drop; 02-10-2018, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Maybe the government will bail them out

Comment

Trump just might...

Comment

Originally posted by Double-Drop View Post
          Learned first hand about their quality control last year when I bought a new Sendero 300 win Mag. Best 3 shot group I got with it was 2.5” at 100yds. Not to mention that the ejector broke after 30 rounds. Ended up replacing barrel with a proof research, and replacing trigger and ejector and haven’t looked back.
          That's SAD to hear.. I sure hate to see this. I've been a die hard Remington fan my whole life, until they sold out..

My 2 90's model Sendero's will both shoot one ragged hole, five shot groups.. They are the most accurate bolt guns That I own...

Comment

Originally posted by locknload View Post
            Sad to see the largest American gunmaker having these types of troubles. Remington’s sales have declined in part because of receding fears that guns will become more heavily regulated by the U.S. government.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-r...-idUSKBN1FT04C
            Oddly enough, that's the very thing that has sent most other manufacturers sales through the roof over during the previous 8 years. Maybe their lenders forgot to simply adjust their quarterly expectations due to a decrease in tyranny.

Comment

love my old 870

Comment

Originally posted by JFISHER View Post
                Oddly enough, that's the very thing that has sent most other manufacturers sales through the roof over during the previous 8 years. Maybe their lenders forgot to simply adjust their quarterly expectations due to a decrease in tyranny.
                S&W and Ruger have seen the same decline. This explains their problems in a little more detail. To much debt and mismanagement. Remington was number 1 in Rifle and 2nd in shotgun sales.

Comment

Originally posted by Mohawkman View Post
                  S&W and Ruger have seen the same decline. This explains their problems in a little more detail. To much debt and mismanagement. Remington was number 1 in Rifle and 2nd in shotgun sales.
                  https://www.fool.com/investing/2017/...-bankrupt.aspx
                  I guess everyone is just stocked up, I recall the record increases in firearms sales everytime Feinstein or Obama uttered "common sense gun control."

Comment

Very sad imo , they had the market cornered at will for so long but decided on short cuts instead of quality. My favorite gun in my safe is still my original 25-06 sendero... that gun reminds me of what Remington once was...

Comment

Bankruptcy doesnt mean...out of business...
                      For companies that size...its a way to clean slate, eliminate debt and reorganize.
                      If done right, it could mean a better business model and better quality product..

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                        For companies that size...its a way to clean slate, eliminate debt and reorganize.
                        If done right, it could mean a better business model and better quality product..
                        This

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                          Exactly. It may give them the opportunity to fix some of their current issues under different financing, rather their current financial “fiscal failure.” Key word ‘may’
                          Last edited by Hunter58; 02-11-2018, 12:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by txtradesman View Post
                            love my old 870
                            Yep!

Just today I bought a Sportsman Model 12, 30" full choke with vent rib with a camo synthetic stock for $225. The Sportsman 12 is a Wingmaster with a cheap birch stock(express stock) sold before they made the 870 Express.

I'm a Remington fan. Road the bus to the FedMart on N Shepard and paid $125 cash for a 700 ADL in 7mm Rem Mag. This was two weeks before my 15th birthday(pre 1968).
                            Last edited by Thumper; 02-13-2018, 03:48 AM.

Comment

Back in Remington's heyday, they built a lot better quality guns but so did everyone else, and there wasn't near as many manufacturers. Guns are like everything, the average guy no longer appreciates quality. Why spend the money on a nice Wingmaster that'll last forever when you can go buy a chicom knockoff for less. Remington in turn has to keep cutting corners on the price point 870 express. The same goes for all of their offerings. Add in a market that's over saturated with manufacturers coupled with poor management and it's a wonder they've lasted this long.
                              Last edited by jdg13; 02-13-2018, 06:42 AM.

Comment

I have a cousin that works at their ammo plant in Arkansas. He told me a few years ago they are horrible about putting new products on the shelf with such minimum testing it's no wonder they have so many fails.

I had an 870 mag that the action wasn't large enough to eject spent shells, and a 700 youth that came out of the box with a trigger you could hang the rifle by and bounce violently and it wouldn't fire

Junk is their main issue

Comment

Working...
                                X