No announcement yet.

Remington Bankrupt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selling guns with bad triggers, knowing about the problem and continuing to do it made me never want to buy there stuff again.

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
      They were putting out faulty triggers long before competition was as fierce as it is now. I hear what you’re saying, though.
      I am not saying they have not had some problems. When you sell that many of anything you can run into problems. Ford, Chevy, Dodge all have recalls every year. I have owned quite a few 700’s and the only ones I have ever had trigger problems with had been tampered with.

Comment

Originally posted by Mohawkman View Post
        Remington has come up with some low end guns to try and stay price competitive, but the still make some quality. Model 7, 700, and their shotguns. The problem is there are no longer 5 or 6 other brands to complete with. There is a new brand out every year. When your that big you just can’t adapt over night. Poor planing on their part at best. IMO
        Very few factory production rifles can outshoot an older Remington. That would still be the case today if the "buy out" would have never happened..

Talking to gunsmiths, SOME of Remingtons shotguns are some of the worst junk on the market.. A lot of problems functioning due to being Full of metal shavings.

Some rifles have left the manufacturer with no rifleings cut in the barrel...
        Buying a Remington these days is taking a huge gamble..
        Last edited by PondPopper; 02-10-2018, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Quality has gone down hill. Weatherby same price range and somewhat better lower end rifles. Hate to see it but it's been coming.

Comment

Originally posted by justin81 View Post
            I thought the same thing. They have no good handguns, their AR15s are lame and expensive, the 700 series has a bad rap, so the only thing they got going for them is the 870 shotgun.
            I thought they were having lots of problems with the 870's as well??

Comment

Hope the Brand is bought by owners focused on quality and returns the Green to it's heritage.

Comment

Originally posted by Chasing_bone View Post
                I thought they were having lots of problems with the 870's as well??

They were. Burrs in the chamber/rough chamber preventing clambering of the Shell being one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                  Hope Remington gets funded and back on track, they owe me a $75 rebate.
                  Actually that means you paid 75 more than what it’s reallt worth.

Comment

I will admit to not wanting to buy a new Remington anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                      They were. Burrs in the chamber/rough chamber preventing clambering of the Shell being one.

First hand experience with this. Caused extraction issues too when gun heated up. The burrs would grip the hull and make it really hard to eject. Some fine steel wool took care of it. Also heard they changed ejector design to a cheaper one that was junk.

When a pump jams, especially an 870, you have massive problems as a company IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                        Hope Remington gets funded and back on track, they owe me a $75 rebate.
                        Just receive my rebate for some 9mm ammo purchased around Christmas. I was wondering if the check would clear...

Comment

Originally posted by CJ776 View Post
                          First hand experience with this. Caused extraction issues too when gun heated up. The burrs would grip the hull and make it really hard to eject. Some fine steel wool took care of it. Also heard they changed ejector design to a cheaper one that was junk.

When a pump jams, especially an 870, you have massive problems as a company IMO.

Yup. I had issues with burrs and ejectors, twice.

Comment

Wow, hate to hear that. I have a couple of Remmys and I have been pleased mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Bumpy View Post
                              Actually that means you paid 75 more than what it’s reallt worth.
                              Originally posted by CJ776 View Post

Marlin 336W, $330 minus the $75 rebate. Bought the rifle 11/21/17 and still have not received.

I had a gut feeling when an investment group mostly funded by Sorus was going to do anything else but rob the bank then bankrupt the company.
                              Last edited by Thumper; 02-10-2018, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Marlin / H&R were bought up by Remington and the parent company. H&R did not survive, and Marlin’s reputation took a hit. I hope they make it through all of these maneuvers.

Mr Sid

Comment

Working...
                                X