No announcement yet.

Headaches from Campfire???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe that it was Flywise that posted recently that he is allergic to smoke. I cannot recall if it was a certain species of wood or smoke in general but could possibly be something similar.

Comment

Yep I do sometimes, but the man who owns the ranch thinks cedar smells good burning.

Comment

Whacha smoking exactly ?

Comment

First rule for sitting around a camp fire!
          Don't sit down wind!

Comment

Serious response to try and help you out.

I would get headaches when the house fireplace was lit but not so much on a camp fire. Happens with prescribed fires too. I think it may be an allergy to something burning. You may try using a neti-pot to flush your sinuses after being in the smoke for a while. A lot of people think they are gross but they do really help.

Comment

Originally posted by Hix View Post
              It’s the beer not the fire...[emoji848]

hahahahahaha..

Comment

Originally posted by mrc View Post
                Yep I do sometimes, but the man who owns the ranch thinks cedar smells good burning.
                This for me! Cedar burning gets to me after awhile

Comment

My headaches are usually the morning after the campfire.

Comment

Listen to Bill
                    Attached Files

Comment

Depends on which individuals are present at said fire. beer don't give me headaches just makes me headstrong.

Comment

Oak gets me.

Comment

Mesquite. I get a headache if I eat food cooked over it or campfire smoke.

Comment

I have developed the theory that I am allergic in some way to mesquite. Camp fires didn't ever bother me until my current lease where almost all the firewood we use is mesquite. If I end up getting a lot of the smoke blown my way, I end up with a pretty bad migraine.

Comment

If your getting a headache from the whiskey your drinking crap whiskey ..

Comment

Originally posted by 2B4Him View Post
                                I have developed the theory that I am allergic in some way to mesquite. Camp fires didn't ever bother me until my current lease where almost all the firewood we use is mesquite. If I end up getting a lot of the smoke blown my way, I end up with a pretty bad migraine.

I've noticed this as well. When I crank up the smoker the mesquite seems to upset my sinuses and leads to a headache. Oak, hickory, and various fruit trees don't bother me. Brush fires with grass and leaves mess me up also.

Comment

Working...
                                X