No announcement yet.

What’s the best shot you have ever made on a live animal? Bow or Rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A very fast shot with my bow on a walking bobcat.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
      I was shooting my bow across a pond at a large boar. When I shot, a 30 lb. catfish jumped outta the water and caught the business end of my arrow right thru the heart. Arrow passed thru but was deflected and hit a large dead limb over that boar. Limb fell and killed that boar right where he stood.
      I dont know if I believe that, but if you say so, they aint no denying it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
        I was shooting my bow across a pond at a large boar. When I shot, a 30 lb. catfish jumped outta the water and caught the business end of my arrow right thru the heart. Arrow passed thru but was deflected and hit a large dead limb over that boar. Limb fell and killed that boar right where he stood.
        And that’s how limbsaver products were created

Comment

Africa 325 yds rifle kudu running up hill after first shot. Guide said shoot and I line up the Texas heart shot and bam drt. Turns out I hit him in the back of the head... and first shot would have done him in as well. 100% luck. Also hit a prairie dog at 867 yds... also 100% luck, hell rather lucky then good. Kudu is in the avatar pic.

Comment

Best shot with a 22 lr was the bottom of my dads jon boat. Best shot with a arra was I missed the bag target and hit a new water trough and poked a hole in it.

Comment

I have two. I killed a doe at 428 yards with a 25-06 when I was 16.

I shot this doe right in da face at 150 yards! She was smart and would barley poke her head out of the woods and look to see if I was in the blind. This day I was ready for her

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Probably my best shot was the first buck I killed with my bow. He was 45 yards away on a steep downhill angle. At the time I didn’t have a rangefinder and knew I needed to shoot as if he was closer. I put my 20yd pin behind the shoulder and let it fly. Hit him right where I wanted and he only ran 20yds.

Comment

197” Kansas buck at 5 yards.

Comment

62 yds at a blackbuck with my bow.

Comment

278” ... in the dark!!!

Comment

Blue wildebeest at 36 yards

Held my nerves together long enough to heart punch this buck at 24 yards.

Heart shot on this kudu while standing in the back of a land cruiser[emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by low fence View Post
                          278” ... In the dark!!!
                          😉

Comment

I would have to say the shots I feel were the craziest and luckiest I’ve ever had was about 12 years ago with my .40 cal bunker buster blowgun, through the eyes on a squirrel at 14 yards or shooting the tail off a cottontail at about 70 yards with a henry repeater in 44-40. Still have that little tail as a trophy.

Comment

I stuck a doe right behind the jaw, my broad-head cut her artery and she bled out and collapsed without ever taking a step. It was pure dumb luck, the arrow should have gone about four inches over her shoulders, but she had her head turned back, looking behind her.
                              Butchering her was so nice and clean, it made me want to train to be able to take that shot on purpose, not there yet though.

Comment

Squirrel at 51 yds in the head with my bow, dressed in my Sunday morning go to church clothes.
                                Big Boar at 78 yds with my 22 Magnum, right in the ear hole.

Comment

Working...
                                X