No announcement yet.

What’s the best shot you have ever made on a live animal? Bow or Rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

212 yr free hand on an axis doe no rest aiming behind the shoulder and clipped her in the neck right below her head, all luck

90 yard shot on a big aoudad that was running through the brush he paused for a second when I went to stick my gun out the blind window in a hurry and I slammed the barrel into the blind, was loud enough for him to stop for a second I literally had a 6 inch window in between the trees and dropped him on the spot I was very lucky

Comment

Had a 8pt trot right under me and disappear into brush. I expected him to show up at this 10 0clock opening, got the gun out the blind, waited behind scope... and as soon as he popped into the opening. I pulled the trigger and he went down like a sack of taters. Quartering away while trotting.

Comment

Originally posted by TP3 View Post
        I shot a boar at over 300 yards with night vision that was on top of a girl attacking her.
        Didn’t you die a couple of times but was revived?

Comment

700’s on 2 whitetail in STX

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
            A feral house cat at 109 steps with a Model 53 S&W .22 Jet........at night ! Just aimed at the eyes, the bullet went through its teeth.
            Next thing you know you'll be on the news and out of work.

Comment

In 2005, I shot my first turkey with a bow 40yards running away in the back of the neck.

Comment

Originally posted by TP3 View Post
                I shot a boar at over 300 yards with night vision that was on top of a girl attacking her.
                Was that before or after you got the "Lymes" disease?

Comment

7mm Mag at 375 is the best I have done.

Comment

442 with rifle on a hog.....367 with rifle on a coyotee and I guess my best bow shots have been the numerous dove I have shot.....while they were on the ground.

Comment

I was shooting my bow across a pond at a large boar. When I shot, a 30 lb. catfish jumped outta the water and caught the business end of my arrow right thru the heart. Arrow passed thru but was deflected and hit a large dead limb over that boar. Limb fell and killed that boar right where he stood.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                        Was that before or after you got the "Lymes" disease?
                        I only had a twist of Lyme at the time.

Comment

41mag jog at 110yards, 124 yards my best Whitetail to date with my savage 20 gauge slug gun last year in Illinois.

Comment

Growing up around deer camp my daddy was known to take a deer every few years at a decent long range. I say decent....probably 300-350+ yds I guess. He was a prankster and jokester of sorts every chance he got...especially if the audience was my younger cousins.

On one such occasion, he was hunting out of a tower stand one year overlooking a wheat field and took a buck on the far side of the field. If I had to guess, I’d say it was probably 350 or so yards.

Anyway, that night after dinner we were all enjoying the campfire when one of my younger cousins asked my daddy “So uncle Tom, just how far was that shot?” Without skipping a beat my daddy says “Well son, let me tell ya....I squeezed the trigger, climbed down out of the stand and lit a cigarette before the bullet ever got there!”

Texas Tom Gray was a character

Comment

What’s the best shot you have ever made on a live animal? Bow or Rifle

510 yard shot on a doe with my .270.
                              Hit her in the heart.
                              Honestly, it was luck.
                              I’m a good shot but I never practiced at that range. I guessed the drop and squeezed the trigger.
                              It was a cold calm morning so I wasn’t worried about wind drift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

25 years ago sitting in a stand with TBH’s own Sac trying to kill a doe so Sac’s dad and I can make all our sausage at one time. We are in a stand on a ranch road where we can see a long way that the rancher hand corned every day for our friend that hunted there. No deer until right at sunset and they walk out in the west ROW. I put 300 mag out the window and can’t see a thing due to the sun. I lean back in my seat so the stand can shade my scope and shot her free hand in the head at 207 yards. Most incredible and lucky shot I ever made.

Comment

Working...
                                X