Live CO mule deer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
    I'm not sure on steel. I know they have a 1000 yd range but I don't think it's steel, and it was closed today. I'll look at the map they gave me tomorrow and see if it says.
    That would be awesome. I need to know when I can stretch mine out. Headed up a few days prior to acclimate. Always heard it was an amazing range.

Comment

Love that area. We go once a year to Wolf Creek and stay at a ranch in South Fork.

Beauitifil drive once you get started on the passes. We always see a ton of mullies when we make that drive and a lot in town at SF.

Good luck!

Comment

nice

Comment

good luck

Comment

Good luck! I'll be up all in that in two weeks...

Comment

Get em!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Missed my trip this year so I'm along for the ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

41 degrees and woke up to an elk bugle. Love this time of year in Colorado!

Comment

jealous, good luck

Comment

We stay at the Whittington Center when we hunt cow elk. Lots of fun on the range too. There's a white buffalo silhouette at just over 1100 yards. The other steel I think you have to set up yourself but ranges are from something like 100-700 yards or so. Ranges for just about anything that goes boom. Awesome place. We rent a cabin there. Cheaper than most of the motels in town.

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
                        I believe bucks may still be in velvet. Saw a fresh road kill on raton pass that was still in velvet.

Stopped by NRA Whittington to check the guns. Never been there but man I wanna go back and spend some time!

Luckily my usual camping spot was open. Got a quick camp set up for the night and will finish up tomorrow. Hunt doesn't start til Saturday, so tomorrow I'll go grab groceries and some OHV permits and fishing tackle. Probably go scout tomorrow afternoon. May do some fishing as well.
                        My favorite range. Sighted in there many times. Yes the bucks are still in velvet in most areas. We're at 7200 ft here & the lower ranch is at 5100. As of yesterday no hard horn mulies here.

Comment

good luck! I will be up there the last ten days of October chasing elk around creede. HOpe you get a biggun

Comment

Good luck, we seen on on side of road eating two nights ago we figured would be 190-200 inches.

Comment

good luck bud!

Comment

Good luck! I'll be eagerly following!!

Comment

Working...
                                X