Rain bird sprinkler controller not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rain bird sprinkler controller not working

Any idea why my two-year-old Rainbird sprinkler system stopped working this past week.Nothing on the display nor any lights on the panel. Never had a problem with it. The breaker did not kick off. I plugged it into another plug that I knew was hot, and that did not help. I opened up the box and the tether strap is plugged in. I’ll turn the knob all around and nothing kicks on. Tried manual watering nothing. Is there a fuse that could have gone out

All I can say is RainBird sucks. Never had any luck with them. Hunter has always been good to me.

Comment

I replace mine every 6 years or so......

Comment

check for a blown fuse.....in the sprinkler unit

Comment

I looked and didn’t see one

Comment

I just replaced a one year old Rainbird about two months ago. I switched to Orbit.

Comment

Having the same problem with a Rainbird system at my office. So there's a fuse in it somewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
                Having the same problem with a Rainbird system at my office. So there's a fuse in it somewhere?
                Yes, there should be a fuse. Mine was just a POS. Wouldn't keep time worth a crap and it would turn on stations at all kinds of weird hours when it was in the OFF position.

Comment

THE display is out, I know it's frustrating that products are that crappy, but that's the way it is now. I use hunter controllers, but it can happen with any brand. The old mechanical controllers from 30 or 40 years ago lasted WAY longer. I unplug my controller after the summer, just for that reason, to hopefully extend life of display or any other electronics in it.

Comment

Man yall are making me nervous.....Yall are telling me my 20 year old Rainbird might quit on me?..

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      Man yall are making me nervous.....Yall are telling me my 20 year old Rainbird might quit on me?..
                      That was back when things were made worth a crap.

Comment

Did you take a volt meter and cverify that the dc power supply is still good? If so... time for a new controller.

Comment

Might be the transformer in it

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                            All I can say is RainBird sucks. Never had any luck with them. Hunter has always been good to me.
                            Everyone says that, I've read reviews but we've never had an issue with the that part of the system. Now it's like a ground comes loose or a head breaks every week.

Comment

Good time to upgrade to a Rachio !

Comment

Working...
                              X