Shnf 16-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shnf 16-17

Here it is! It's time to get scouting and seeing where you're going to hunt this season.

Please do not post up locations.
    Know that everything you post here is open to public scrutiny. Ie, you may get called out for no tag, no orange, and you may get a visit from the GW. ( it has happened)

No name calling, keep it serious. If you just want to talk smack, then go to the other thread.
    Please don't post up pics of deer not taken from the SHNF.
    If you're new and you have a question, please read the SHNF threads or get online and read the rules, almost every question has been answered. Also, we all work for a living, so it may take us a day or two to see your post. Have patience.

Most of all, show some respect.

GO!

I'm going to try to get out there this year. I've lost 70 lbs. and feel great! If I can manage to save some vacation time, I'd like to connect with some of you guys this year and have some fun. I live in a little subdivision in the SHNF and my property is bordered by NF. I grew up hunting and roaming SHNF and would like to get together with you guys. I have been following on here for the last few years. The deer raid my garden every spring and I want some revenge. I'm really looking forward to meeting up with you guys.
    Dave

Comment

Sounds good Dave. Big congrats on the weight loss. What have you been doing? I'm not huge, but I could certainly stand to lose 20-30 lbs. I've tried watching what I eat, but it seems I'm always hungry and just overeat. I've tried skipping a meal, but that just makes me hungry...and I overeat. Seems no matter how much I eat, I stay about the same weight. I just need to stop overeating.

Not sure when I'll be up that way, but I'll message you and we can make a scouting trip together.

Comment

You know just to confuse people we could secretly talk about the forest in the other thread

Comment

I feel so left out. It's all about being serious this year. [emoji22]

Comment

Yeah me too

Comment

What is about being serious ? Are you serious ?

Comment

I don't even know how to be serious.

Comment

I live pretty close to SHNF but I've got my own deer hunting land. What I want is hogs that I can hunt during the day, the hogs on my property are pressured and only come out at night. Any more info regarding SHNF hog hunting would be awesome. I want to take my son and daughter along. Sitting in a tree stand or blind for hours waiting for a hog to come out isn't too exciting for them at 7 and 9. I figured walking and stalking, as I would be the hunter, would be a good intro.

Comment

4952. I think today could be the day

Comment

In. Should be chasing tree rats up there in a month.

Comment

Originally posted by Coon View Post
                        I'm going to try to get out there this year. I've lost 70 lbs. and feel great! If I can manage to save some vacation time, I'd like to connect with some of you guys this year and have some fun. I live in a little subdivision in the SHNF and my property is bordered by NF. I grew up hunting and roaming SHNF and would like to get together with you guys. I have been following on here for the last few years. The deer raid my garden every spring and I want some revenge. I'm really looking forward to meeting up with you guys.
                        Dave
                        What you lost I think I gained. I have got to get back in the gym! You should have come to the house a couple weeks ago when we did the bi-annual gtg. Usually do one more just before season starts.

Originally posted by More Liberty View Post
                        I live pretty close to SHNF but I've got my own deer hunting land. What I want is hogs that I can hunt during the day, the hogs on my property are pressured and only come out at night. Any more info regarding SHNF hog hunting would be awesome. I want to take my son and daughter along. Sitting in a tree stand or blind for hours waiting for a hog to come out isn't too exciting for them at 7 and 9. I figured walking and stalking, as I would be the hunter, would be a good intro.
                        For the most part, the pigs out there are pretty nocturnal. I don't know how any of these guys get lucky enough to get one out there, but it is by pure luck. Getting out and walking is going to be the only hope. And it can happen, just won't be quick or easy.

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                        In. Should be chasing tree rats up there in a month.
                        I'd be tempted to make a trip with you and try it with the longbow. Probably need to get some bunny buster tips. Some flu flus wouldn't hurt either to slow it down or I may lose all my arrows.

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
                          Sounds good Dave. Big congrats on the weight loss. What have you been doing? I'm not huge, but I could certainly stand to lose 20-30 lbs. I've tried watching what I eat, but it seems I'm always hungry and just overeat. I've tried skipping a meal, but that just makes me hungry...and I overeat. Seems no matter how much I eat, I stay about the same weight. I just need to stop overeating.

Not sure when I'll be up that way, but I'll message you and we can make a scouting trip together.
                          I'm using Quick Weight Loss Center. They're pretty expensive, but it works. They sell snacks and supplements, but the diet plan is what's effective. The sad part is "no pork, period" while on the diet. I don't use their supplements and snacks any more, they're too expensive. But the plan has me eating my 3 meals, 3 fruits and 3 snacks a day, and drinking 80 oz of water. I still have 95 lbs to go.

Comment

Dang. 95pounds! That's like a whole DMACK too lose. [emoji12]

Comment

Originally posted by dmack View Post
                              Dang. 95pounds! That's like a whole DMACK too lose. [emoji12]
                              Now you know you're using it in the wrong context. As eddie said last year, he loses 95 lbs every time he takes a dmack.

Comment

Working...
                              X