No announcement yet.

Realtor Commissions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought realtor fees were negotiable when you list the property. Some realtors will list it for a lower percentage.

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
      While you are at it, just go ahead and add 10% for good measure. All things remaining equal, the market won’t support an extra six percent just because you want to add it.
      He can pay the fee or overprice the house. His choice.

Hard to say what a rising market can support.

Comment

My mom owns a real estate company in Leander. If you knew the work that goes on with it you’d understand. You either want to sell it or you don’t. But the realtor fee is worth it for a good one. Remember you get what you pay for as well when you’re shopping around for the cheapest. Just like your pay, you think you’re worth every dollar and should be able to prove it, so can a good realtor.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
          How did you get past the sticker shock of realtor commissions?

We’ve had our house up FSBO for a couple of months now and the wife is really wanting to hire a realtor. I just refuse to. We have no reason to move other than the fact we are looking for acreage. Therefore, my motivation isn’t extremely high. (I want acreage, but not for the price of Realtor commissions).

You just chalk it up and say alright, I’ll pay it, or did you just stick it out and wait for a FSBO transaction to come along?

Disclaimer: I know realtors have to make money too. I’m just opting out at the moment.
          A lady I know was going FSBO and had it in the market for about 5 months. Spoke to her, offering my services and went over everything out brokerage offers and what we do for the client. Listed with us, contract in less than 5-days, several offers. I explained to her she was leaving money on the table, she listened and we listed it for more than she was originally asking, and contract was a little over the listing price.

Kind of like hiring a hunting guide for the trip if a lifetime. You can read up on the area, do a little scouting (maybe) and do bbn it by yourself, or hire Bubba's Guide Service who has 100% success rate on P&Y Bulls.[emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RingSteel View Post
            I thought realtor fees were negotiable when you list the property. Some realtors will list it for a lower percentage.
            They will.

Comment

Hypothetically you could pay your realtor cash after the transaction to save some what they charge you.....hypothetically only of course

Comment

Originally posted by BertramBass View Post
                He can pay the fee or overprice the house. His choice.

Hard to say what a rising market can support.
                It is hard to say. We listed one over the summer, nothing to brag about on the small house, but it was on a lake. We marketed it, had over 70 offers and the client went with an offer that was over 20k of asking price.

Comment

Originally posted by DFWPI View Post
                  A lady I know was going FSBO and had it in the market for about 5 months. Spoke to her, offering my services and went over everything out brokerage offers and what we do for the client. Listed with us, contract in less than 5-days, several offers. I explained to her she was leaving money on the table, she listened and we listed it for more than she was originally asking, and contract was a little over the listing price.

Kind of like hiring a hunting guide for the trip if a lifetime. You can read up on the area, do a little scouting (maybe) and do bbn it by yourself, or hire Bubba's Guide Service who has 100% success rate on P&Y Bulls.[emoji41]

Mind listing what your brokerage offers and what you do for a client for 3% list price?

Free sales plug for ya...

Comment

We made a deal with our listing realtor for no sell commission for the full commission on our new house.

Comment

Originally posted by RWB View Post
                      Hypothetically you could pay your realtor cash after the transaction to save some what they charge you.....hypothetically only of course
                      And illegally lol

Comment

Originally posted by RWB View Post
                        Yeah, no. I want to keep my license[emoji848]

Comment

We would not be in this house if we did not hire a bulldog of a realtor. 5 months 3 contracts and finally I called the seller only to find her realtor was not showing her our bids.............

Comment

We are about to put our house up for sale and I have zero problems hiring a real estate agent. We are using the same agent that we used almost 3 years ago to sell our old house. Our old house was on the market for 36 hours and sold for 10% over our asking price so the agent paid for themselves and then some.

Comment

Funny thing to me is realtors make 6% split between buyers and sellers agent plus two brokers getting a small cut of that plus expenses. Not sure of too many business that operate on 3% margins

Comment

Sold my last 3 without a realtor and in a timely manner. It’s fairly easy in a decent market to list it all over online and social media.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X