Rabbit + andouille

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rabbit + andouille

What to do, what to do? It'll be something good though! Got a 2lb rabbit and a pound of thick andouille.

Could grill both and cut it all up and just pick at it like an appetizer.

Jambalaya would be pretty awesome

I think smothered rabbit with some potatoes and chunks of sausage would be dang good.

Too many to choose! Any suggestions?

Join Chef Bourque' as he brings home his wild game and makes his famous "Rabbit Stew Absolute." Aieee! Special guest appearance by "No Air-Time John." Thumbs...

Comment

Ayeeeeeeee!!! Smothered over rice, no pototoes, just good seasoing!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Rabbit and Anouille Sauce Piquante

Chef John Folse & Company is the parent company of several food related industries. From custom food manufacturing to a fine dining and bed breakfast, Chef John Folse & Company encompasses many aspects of the foodservice industry. From Lafitte's Landing Restaurant at Bittersweet Plantation to our manufacturing facility located on the river in New Orleans, Chef John Folse & Company's gumbo of foodservice venues continue to add seasonings to the pot. White Oak Plantation nestled in the heart of Baton Rouge is home to our catering division offering services in off-premise and on-site event coordination. Exceptional Endings houses our pastry division, which supplies savories to the regional CC's Gourmet Coffee Houses. In addition, Chef John Folse & Company's publishing division has produced 7 books in the Cajun & Creole Series and accepts titles from independent writers. Chef John Folse hosts a radio talk show called

Comment

Rabbit + andouille

Well, still not entirely sure what is gonna happen but here goes nuthin. I think it will be some kind of smothered rabbit and sausage gravy over rice or maybe biscuits abomination that tastes good but really isn't anything specific

Comment

Just about got the prep done. Gonna use the andouille to make the grease to brown the rabbit in. Then sautée down the trinity in the grease and fat from the sausage and rabbit. Then add the imposters and see where we go from there.

Time for beer #2 on this fine monsoon of a day.

Comment

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Got the base for the gravy started

Comment

Meh, why the heck not!

Comment

OK.......I'm paying attention

Comment

Looks good so far

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                          Ayeeeeeeee!!! Smothered over rice, no pototoes, just good seasoing!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
                          Originally posted by hopedale View Post
                          Rabbit and Anouille Sauce Piquante

http://www.jfolse.com/recipes/game/rabbit03.htm
                          Yep, yep and yep. LOL

Looking good Txpit

Comment

Ok, so what I've got here is a no flour roux rabbit and andouille sausage gumbo with potatoes. LOL. I'm going to add milk at the end and reduce it a little more to get it more like a cream gravy. In theory the yellow potatoes that my son peeled and diced will cook until they fall apart and act as the thickener.

Who knows! Smells good so far!

PS - if you take andouille sausage out of the casing, cube it, and fry the living **** out of it, it becomes Cajun spicy bacon!

Comment

Can't remember. Do you add parsley at the end of the cook and use green onion as garnish or the other way around? At beer #5 I don't really care but figured I'd ask

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X