Wolf killed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post
    So a sports fisherman released illegal fish? Did I get that right? I feel like I am reading a climate change argument.

Sent from my iPhone using Dilly Dilly!
    You are. He even mentioned climate change in a couple of post.

Comment

So a sports fisherman released illegal fish? Did I get that right? I feel like I am reading a climate change argument.

the argument is bogus anyhow.....fish makes up a VERY small portion of an inland grizzly's diet.....like....a few % maybe??

these arguments are just stupid and are generally published by people with an agenda.

Comment

it is very common for sport fisherman to haul illegal fish up into the mountains when they fly fish.....makes perfect sense, right?

Comment

Originally posted by ThePumaLives View Post
          Declining pregnancy rates and calves dying before their first birthday.

Of those calves, 15% were killed by wolves and 60% were killed by bears. The number killed by bears had more than doubled in twenty years, so why did the bears become so much more reliant on elk in their diet? Because there was a change in the fish populations that bears were previously reliant on. The change? Humans (sport fisherman) illegally releasing fish which wreaked havoc on their populations. The bears were then forced to eat more elk. A much bigger cause of the decline of the Yellowstone herd is due to changing weather patterns that have impacted the grasses of Yellowstone and has depleted the nutritional value of female elk which has resulted in lower pregnancy rates, which is not a problem seen in herds outside of Yellowstone. Again, wolves at the bottom of the list.
          So you are saying 99% of the Bears in a 2,219,791 acre area relied on the fish in a 500 acre lake....and it tributaries....

Wow.

Comment

The large Canadian wolves introduced in Yellowstone decimated elk and moose herds. Not even worth arguing about this fact.

Wolf numbers have far exceeded the upper limits of numbers that were agreed upon with the extremist animal rights groups. Even after USFWS acted to de-list the wolves on this basis, the groups have continued to fight de-listing. Now (last August) a federal judge has halted the de-listing in a number of states. The most compelling reason I have seen for the continuing battle to expand wolf numbers and habitat is for the fund-raising aspect for those organizations.

I understand that the wolf has a certain attraction to people -- some of whom adopt dog-wolf crosses as pets. But wild wolves are ruthless in their methods and efficiency of killing; documented sport killing by wolves has occurred -- wiping out herds of wildlife and livestock. Wildlife and livestock in wolf country suffer stresses and lower rate of offspring than prior to the presence of wolves in the neighborhood.

Wolves must, at the very least, be managed.

Comment

You have desk jockeys and then there are real world applications. The real world is losing this battle

Comment

I would never hunt a wolf. I have a wolf dog, and we’re way too close for me to ever hunt a full blooded one, call me soft I guess. Anything else is fair game, although I don’t have much desire to kill a giraffe or a fox.
                I'm hoping this your reason for your statements.

Comment

Originally posted by Homer75 View Post
                  the green screen has been hijacked.....that is the reason for the moronic statements.....and no........I am not a conspiracy theorist or anything like that......a sound outdoor minded person would not accept such BS as a fact and spread it around on a forum with people that have spent significant time in the effected areas...pre and post re-introduction.

and for the record.....I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that the moderators are not behind this......#278 ;-)
                  Last edited by Tom; 02-02-2018, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Ahhh... now it starts to make a little sense...

Comment

Wolf problem=helicopter wolf hunts. Put me in coach. I'm ready to play.

Comment

Nope, I worked for a year on a legislative program in relation to delisting wolves; reviewed the testimonies of thousands of individuals on all sides of the fence, personally interviewed about a hundred more, went over God knows how many studies done by all sides, and finally came to the conclusion that the extermination of wolves was not the best course of action. A regulated harvest of approximately 25% of the wolf population annually is the recommendation that I seconded.

As for Sasha the Wolf, I would never allow her to influence a recommendation that I make to an elected representative of the citizenry. Trust me, it shocked the hell out of a lot of the people I met (great folks on all sides of the argument) that I came down on the pro-hunting side. Yes, I would allow her to influence my opinion of me personally hunting one. Here’s another off the wall opinion of mine, I don’t believe that the breeding of wolf crosses should be legal. Anyways, this discussion is getting way off the original topic and no one is going to change the other person’s mind.

Comment

Nope, I worked for a year on a legislative program in relation to delisting wolves; reviewed the testimonies of thousands of individuals on all sides of the fence, personally interviewed about a hundred more, went over God knows how many studies done by all sides, and finally came to the conclusion that the extermination of wolves was not the best course of action. A regulated harvest of approximately 25% of the wolf population annually is the recommendation that I seconded.

As for Sasha the Wolf, I would never allow her to influence a recommendation that I make to an elected representative of the citizenry. Trust me, it shocked the hell out of a lot of the people I met (great folks on all sides of the argument) that I came down on the pro-hunting side. Yes, I would allow her to influence my opinion of me personally hunting one. Here’s another off the wall opinion of mine, I don’t believe that the breeding of wolf crosses should be legal. Anyways, this discussion is getting way off the original topic and no one is going to change the other person’s mind.
                          I take your word for what you say....you are an elected representative of the citizenry.....can you share your name so that we can support you??

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post
                            I have a question....I am not trying to be a pain.

have you ever been out West and in the mountains, wilderness areas, etc? I ask this because the areas where the elk are declining there is no or very little impact of humans.....the "impact" that is there has changed very little since the introduction of the wolves and the Elk & Moose declined big time. It still gets cold in winter and hot in summer.....
                            Yes. Wilderness areas are (usually) the more rugged areas. Used by most species during spring, summer, and fall. They are mostly untouched by people. But that’s not where “most” species winter, when they are most vurnerable to predation. They move to the lower areas. That are more inhabited by people. A lot of hay fields and other agriculture. Forced to congregate on the good habitat left or in some cases places where the western states feed them to keep them off of the ag areas. Easy targets. And die off from lack of proper wintering areas. Also humans put out the fires needed to set back vegitation.

Comment

You read that wrong or I worded it incorrectly; I advise and consult elected representatives, I have no desire at this time to run for public office.

Comment

You read that wrong or I worded it incorrectly; I advise and consult elected representatives, I have no desire at this time to run for public office.
                                I did misread what you wrote....but you can share some details of yourself anyway as this is more or less a tight knit collection of Texas Bow hunters.....most with little experience in the re-introduction of wolves.....certainly very few experts who would be asked to advise elected officials on the subject

Comment

Working...
                                X