More Public Land Gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More Public Land Gone

Trump just signed into law the reduction of two parks out west by millions of acres opening them up for coal, nat. gas and oil.
    So easy to destroy and never get back. This is a sad day in my opinion. We will never get that land back big money will have it destroyed in no time.

Any websites talking about this?

Awful if true...

One of the major suckage sides of the Republican Party is the willingness to dissolve our public lands for industrial reasons. If I remember right he said in Nevada, a month or so before the election on his campaign trail, that he was a big proponent of public lands..... Sigh....

Comment

Link?

Comment

Please do some research to avoid foot-in-mouth disease.

All Trump did was put land back in the control of the State. Obama did a land grab right before he left office. I will never understand the arguement or thought process that thinks Federal employees thousands of miles away and who have likely never even come near these places are better qualified to manage these lands than those who are local. These were State lands that Obama tried to take.

Comment

Originally posted by Rush2Judge View Post

All Trump did was put land back in the control of the State. Obama did a land grab right before he left office. I will never understand the arguement or thought process that thinks Federal employees thousands of miles away and who have likely never even come near these places are better qualified to manage these lands than those who are local. These were State lands that Obama tried to take.

More than likely.this will open up 3 mil acres not close them

Comment

Now I can take my 4wd vehicle and camp out there. They had made it all off limits. It is all federal land and now it will be run by USFS and BLM instead of the parks. This is not a bad thing

Comment

Don't fall into the trap of believing the media. Look at the truth. Obama, with a pen stroke and no input form Utah, put millions of federal land under the antiquities act and completely removed it from all hunting, camping and fishing. He did this with half a BILLION ACRES in the west. And it removed all access of the public to these areas as recreation. Keep in mind, these areas had previously been managed for hunting and fishing, and was a Mecca for hunting. Obama took all that away, and I didn't see one democrat scream about it. Now, trump gave it back. He didn't take anything away from the public. He GAVE IT BACK.

Comment

Originally posted by Rush2Judge View Post

Thanks for clarifying this

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Saddle Tramp View Post
                  Trump just signed into law the reduction of two parks out west by millions of acres opening them up for coal, nat. gas and oil.
                  So easy to destroy and never get back. This is a sad day in my opinion. We will never get that land back big money will have it destroyed in no time.
                  Fake news is even present on the green screen! Switch the channel to fox and they won’t tell you untruths. Doesn’t have anything to do with destroying natural land. Quite the opposite.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                    Any websites talking about this?

Awful if true...

One of the major suckage sides of the Republican Party is the willingness to dissolve our public lands for industrial reasons. If I remember right he said in Nevada, a month or so before the election on his campaign trail, that he was a big proponent of public lands..... Sigh....

If you think public land belongs to the public and NOT the government, and should be managed for hunting and fishing, as well as other public use, and run by biologists and wildlife managers that live there, instead of a liberal beurocrat in Washington, then this is a good thing. If you want half a billion acres REMOVED from public use, and end hunting in Utah, and much of the west, then it's a bad thing for you.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Saddle Tramp View Post
                        Don’t drink to much backcountry hunters and anglers cool aide.

Guess timber harvest is bad also. It was public land before it was a monument and will be long after its a shrunken monument

Comment

Amen

Comment

Originally posted by Dirt_Dance View Post
                            Amen
                            Ditto! This thread should be called "More public land open"

Comment

Open to Resource Extraction if you by that as good remember it in ten years when there's a big hole and bad water.

Comment

Working...
                              X