No announcement yet.

CC Concealment Guidance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First, only yourself and possible other LTC holders will ever notice.

Second, it is impossible to tuck and be 100% concealed where the people above won't notice.

I learned to go un-tucked.

Comment

Buy you a pair of these boots. They are the most comfortable things you will ever wear AND they allow quick/easy access to your ankle holster. You can also get a "belt clip" for your LC9 that allows you to tuck it into your waste band and it is nearly invisible.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
        How do you get past the black clips poking out though?

Wear a black gun belt and no one will ever notice them. My Comptac have the same clips.

Comment

Originally posted by Outbreaker View Post
          Wear a black gun belt and no one will ever notice them. My Comptac have the same clips.
          But then I gotta wear black shoes. Ain't gonna wear black shoes every day.

Comment

But then I gotta wear black shoes. Ain't gonna wear black shoes every day.
            Get a nice pair of Lucchese black gator/ostrich boots!

Almost no one will notice the clips to be honest

EDIT: It sounds like you're already dressing fairly nicely everyday anyway so in the fall/Winter months it would be easy enough to wear a sport coat to help conceal.
            Last edited by BigJimmyRustler; 09-07-2017, 01:05 PM.

Comment

There are a select few people that will notice the clips and those people are going to notice the tucked weapon anyway.

But some companies to offer clips that go between the belt and your jeans and velcro to the back of your belt.

Comment

Most likely only a person that knows what an IWB holster is are going to know what those are....and even those will probably never notice.

I never look to try to find another person carrying

Most people walking around are looking head level, at the shelves of stuff they are buying....or their face buried in their phone

Comment

They have different color clips or loops to match the belt better. I don't like those clips, not secure enough.

Comment

I've got the same issue, boots/jeans, tucked in shirt is my casual wear almost all of the time when its not 100 degrees outside. I find myself more often than not carrying a small .380 in my boot. Honestly its just the only way to go if you want to dress the way we do. I have a G26 that's my truck gun, I can't find a way to wear it besides on my hip, so it typically stays in the truck. I really like some of the micro .380/9mm's and they will work for cargo short pocket carry and such, but stepping up to anything bigger really requires a holster and dressing to conceal the pistol. IMHO, there is no good solution, you either compromise on how you dress or what you carry, period.

Comment

Also, if you're just starting out carrying let me give you a couple more bits of advice.

1. You're gonna need a new belt made to carry a weapon. Standard belts not made for weapon carrying will not cut the mustard and will make carrying a PITA. Theres a ton of different options out there to fit every style so look at a bunch and find what suits your style the best.

2. Get a kydex holster.

3. Carrying a gun is NOT supposed to be comfortable, it is however supposed to be comforting. So give it some time and stick with it and try different options. Once you figure out what types of belts/guns/holsters work for you you'll forget it's there. Rarely, do CC'ers find the perfect setup on the first try. Most of us have a safe full of guns and a drawer full of holster and belts that we don't/rarely use.

Comment

Check these out.... not the most manly thing ever but it is a front of pants holster.

Order Concealed Carry Holsters from the Highly Rated Urban Carry. OWB and IWB Leather Holsters and Deep Concealment Carry ensures your Leather Gun Holster is hidden with confidence. Shop Now.

I have an Alienware IWB holster for the Glock 19. Need to get a holster for the Sig P239 (very small).

Comment

I use an alien gear iwb for a keltec pf9. About as comfortable as can be. I keep my front clip at the first belt loop, pistol at 3 oclock. I like the alien gear as it is wider and not as bunched up. A little love handle and a slight gut helps!

Comment

Originally posted by fullsizeaggie View Post
                            I use an alien gear iwb for a keltec pf9. About as comfortable as can be. I keep my front clip at the first belt loop, pistol at 3 oclock. I like the alien gear as it is wider and not as bunched up. A little love handle and a slight gut helps!
                            Agree !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BigJimmyRustler View Post
                              Also, if you're just starting out carrying let me give you a couple more bits of advice.

1. You're gonna need a new belt made to carry a weapon. Standard belts not made for weapon carrying will not cut the mustard and will make carrying a PITA. Theres a ton of different options out there to fit every style so look at a bunch and find what suits your style the best.

2. Get a kydex holster.

3. Carrying a gun is NOT supposed to be comfortable, it is however supposed to be comforting. So give it some time and stick with it and try different options. Once you figure out what types of belts/guns/holsters work for you you'll forget it's there. Rarely, do CC'ers find the perfect setup on the first try. Most of us have a safe full of guns and a drawer full of holster and belts that we don't/rarely use.
                              This, and you can carry a much larger gun than you think you can.

I proved this once. I carried 2 full sized 45s (one IWB and one OWB) and pocket carried 2 more. The person was complaining that he could not conceal a gun. I told him that I was carrying and he did not believe me. I then showed all 4 guns and he quit complaining.

Comment

Might look at Sneaky Pete's. They have a system for almost any weapon. Belt NEEDs to be double thickness and heavily stitched to hold up to the wear and tear.
                                Roy

Comment

Working...
                                X