No announcement yet.

NFL Kneeling over with

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sick of the NFL and it started before the protests. The protests just sealed the deal.
    Not watching and also quit buying my season tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      I can't wait for football season! I'll watch 4 or 5 games a week and love it!

Are you blowhards gonna start a thread a week to tell everyone you aren't watching something?
      no

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
        Players weren't even on the field until when?
        It's about money. Not Patriotism
        Players NEVER were on the field until the NFL did a very profitable deal with the U.S. Military......nothing wrong with that, very smart & profitable move! The deal enhanced the military recruiting which is always a good thing for our nation. I personally like them on the field, but I know the "rest of the story" for what it is!
        At least this lady is calling a spade a spade. No hyperbole, no bait & switch just what it WAS and now what it IS. The initial protests had zippo to do with OUR military or our flag. The script was flipped (great job actually) and the perception was completely changed in the eyes of the U.S. viewer. https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...25E1&FORM=VIRE

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
          At least this lady is calling a spade a spade. No hyperbole, no bait & switch just what it WAS and now what it IS. The initial protests had zippo to do with OUR military or our flag. The script was flipped (great job actually) and the perception was completely changed in the eyes of the U.S. viewer. https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...25E1&FORM=VIRE
          Yep, she nailed it. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Players NEVER were on the field until the NFL did a very profitable deal with the U.S. Military......nothing wrong with that, very smart & profitable move! The deal enhanced the military recruiting which is always a good thing for our nation. I personally like them on the field, but I know the "rest of the story" for what it is!

She nailed it with that 1 min interview?

When you kneel in protest during OUR COUNTRY'S national anthem it has plenty to do with our flag and those that fought and died for it. I understand that the initial proteest may not have had to do with our military ect but they should not have done it during the national anthem. Thats when it became about OUR flag and OUR military.Those fools make millions for playing a game in this country but cant stand for OUR nations anythem? Pure BS. But like Jj I'm **** sure not surprised you have that view point.

So fill the rest of us in on what the rest of the story is Paul Harvey!
            Last edited by bloodtrailer28; 05-25-2018, 06:59 PM. Reason: Fat fingered it

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post

She nailed it with that 1 min interview?

When you kneel in protest during OUR COUNTRY'S national anthem it has plenty to do with our flag and those that fought and died for it. I understand that the initial proteest may not have had to do with our military ect but they should not have done it during the national anthem. Thats when it became about OUR flag and OUR military.Those fools make millions for playing a game in this country but cant stand for OUR nations anythem? Pure BS. But like Jj I'm **** sure not surprised you have that view point.

So fill the rest of us in on what the rest of the story is Paul Harvey!
              You acknowledged the initial protest reason...…….thank you! That was my only point and that was the only point the video was making. I only reset the playing field to be fair & balanced. I guess you are looking for an argument? None here!
              My point was made to how any issue can be twisted into total chaos and have folks foaming at the mouth. GEAUX SAINTS!!!

Comment

You acknowledged the initial protest reason...…….thank you! That was my only point and that was the only point the video was making. I only reset the playing field to be fair & balanced. I guess you are looking for an argument? None here!
                My point was made to how any issue can be twisted into total chaos and have folks foaming at the mouth. GEAUX SAINTS!!!

Wasn't looking for an argument at all LR. Just stating when they do it during the national anthem it makes it about OUR flag and our country. Not sure how anybody could see it any other way. Imo the issue was twisted because of the way those fools went about their protest. It's not the NFL owners fault it's their fault it turned into what it is today. Many other ways to say what they wanted to say and get their point across besides doing it during the anthem. Complete lack of respect for our country and its flag.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                  Wasn't looking for an argument at all LR. Just stating when they do it during the national anthem it makes it about OUR flag and our country. Not sure how anybody could see it any other way. Imo the issue was twisted because of the way those fools went about their protest. It's not the NFL owners fault it's their fault it turned into what it is today. Many other ways to say what they wanted to say and get their point across besides doing it during the anthem. Complete lack of respect for our country and its flag.

About half the country disagrees and isn’t sure how you can’t see it any other way. The short video clip and the previously linked opinion pieces present well-reasoned viewpoints worthy of consideration. Of course the protests have something to do with a perceived aspect of the country. That’s why people protest. That doesn’t mean they are a protest of the nation as a whole or that they have anything to do with the flag or our troops and veterans.

Nobody has to support a protester or their reasons for protesting, but maybe consider the very real possibility that the way you see their reasons for protesting and the intent of their protests isn’t the only way.

Comment

Originally posted by Vermin93 View Post
                    Yep, she nailed it. Thanks for sharing.

What she nailed is a lack of reading comprehension. The first amn has **** all to do with private companies. Hard stop.

Oh and the national anthem has no correlation to the US Military? Do yall even know when it was written and the actual lyrics? It is literally a song about US military action. Wow. Just wow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Let me help you learn instead of just pointing out your flaws.

Comment

I would appreciate Yall anthem hater supporters to take a ****ing break through Memorial Weekend. Thanks.

Comment

About half the country disagrees and isn’t sure how you can’t see it any other way. The short video clip and the previously linked opinion pieces present well-reasoned viewpoints worthy of consideration. Of course the protests have something to do with a perceived aspect of the country. That’s why people protest. That doesn’t mean they are a protest of the nation as a whole or that they have anything to do with the flag or our troops and veterans.

Nobody has to support a protester or their reasons for protesting, but maybe consider the very real possibility that the way you see their reasons for protesting and the intent of their protests isn’t the only way.
                          Your not worth the time or effort and that screen name is fitting for you

Half the country my ***

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                            What she nailed is a lack of reading comprehension. The first amn has **** all to do with private companies. Hard stop.

Oh and the national anthem has no correlation to the US Military? Do yall even know when it was written and the actual lyrics? It is literally a song about US military action. Wow. Just wow.

I'm not sure you're interested in comprehending her analysis. She describes such attitudes in her assessment.

Nobody has suggested that the national anthem has no correlation to the United States or to the US military. To do so would be absurd.

I'm also not sure if you're equating player protests during the national anthem to a protest of the national anthem's history, the US military and the United States. If so, this is tunnel vision, in my opinion. If the players sincerely wanted to protest the flag, the anthem, the military and the United States, they could very easily make those intentions known.

The playing of the national anthem is a vehicle they believe would appropriately enable them to effectively protest their actual grievances, which they've made pretty clear. Many find the choice of this vehicle to be inappropriate, disrespectful or flat out disgusting. Others see the freedoms that Americans fought and died for reflected in it. Either way, to suggest that the protesting players are out to get the flag and the anthem or don't respect the troops is a very biased conclusion, in my view. If they truly wanted to do that, this weekend would certainly be a prime opportunity for them to do so.

Personally, I would like to see another vehicle used to protest, although I'm not sure what that might be. Regardless of the vehicle used, I suspect the actual grievances will fall on most of the same deaf ears. That's how it works in American politics.

Comment

Semper fi.
                              Death before dishonor.
                              I haven't watched ANY "pro football" since October 2016 & never will again. Never!

Comment

NFL Kneeling over with

I'm not sure you're interested in comprehending her analysis. She describes such attitudes in her assessment.

Nobody has suggested that the national anthem has no correlation to the United States or to the US military. To do so would be absurd.

I'm also not sure if you're equating player protests during the national anthem to a protest of the national anthem's history, the US military and the United States. If so, this is tunnel vision, in my opinion. If the players sincerely wanted to protest the flag, the anthem, the military and the United States, they could very easily make those intentions known.

The playing of the national anthem is a vehicle they believe would appropriately enable them to effectively protest their actual grievances, which they've made pretty clear. Many find the choice of this vehicle to be inappropriate, disrespectful or flat out disgusting. Others see the freedoms that Americans fought and died for reflected in it. Either way, to suggest that the protesting players are out to get the flag and the anthem or don't respect the troops is a very biased conclusion, in my view. If they truly wanted to do that, this weekend would certainly be a prime opportunity for them to do so.

Personally, I would like to see another vehicle used to protest, although I'm not sure what that might be. Regardless of the vehicle used, I suspect the actual grievances will fall on most of the same deaf ears. That's how it works in American politics.

Jonesboro church called. They agree with this logic.

Both articles make reference to free speech and private corporations. Private censorship is mutually exclusive to govt censorship. They make reference to this fact and then ignore its premise for the rest of the articles.

I read the reason article days ago. It sucks and the comments are very cool indicative of that. NYT opinion piece I wont even comment on further. They are on the journalistic par of Fox and Friends and Morning Joe.
                                Last edited by Ætheling; 05-26-2018, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X