No announcement yet.

New Seekins HAVAK rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have any more info on this rifle and or how it shoots?

And if you were to get one which cal 6mm Creed, 6.5 Creed or 6.5 PRC?

Comment

Originally posted by Horitexan View Post
      Yeah, that I agree with totally. Besides, if it did go bad, they're certainly going to warranty the barrel. I'm sure 98% of fluting jobs go perfectly even with 3rd parties. My 'luck' is such that I would be in that 2%. Lol! I talked to Bartlein about fluting my barrel but the weight they said it would shave was so minimal that it hardly seemed worth spending $150 on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I had a very similar conversation earlier in the week. I am trying to get a new build as well, finalized yesterday on deal. I wanted to keep the package under 8 pounds so I went with a Manners Hunter Elite stock and can still use a number 5 sporter profile on the barrel with straight flutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
        I had a very similar conversation earlier in the week. I am trying to get a new build as well, finalized yesterday on deal. I wanted to keep the package under 8 pounds so I went with a Manners Hunter Elite stock and can still use a number 5 sporter profile on the barrel with straight flutes.
        you're right on the money

action - 2 lbs. 4 ozs.
        stock - 1 lb. 10 ozs.
        barrel - 3 lbs 11 ozs.

total - 7 lbs. 10 ozs.

Comment

After having a few rifles built you realize whats needed and whats not, I do not want a 10 pound rifle that I have to drag around hunting. Of course if your in a stand or blind, weight is not that important.

I hate tall turrets on a hunting scope too. I always worry about knocking the darn thing off or damage.
          Last edited by Radar; 11-22-2017, 02:27 PM.

Comment

The LaRue Siete is just around the corner. I will wait for that. Or a Fix by Q.

Comment

I bought one for my brother in 6.5PRC from Cabelas. Still waiting for it to come in. According to Glen, Cabelas will receive the first batch of PRC’s.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                I wish I was rich cause there are soooo many cool things I want to buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                You are, stop whining and buy one

Comment

I have the spiral flutes on my 7STW I wish I would have never done that ! it Makes it a lot harder to wipe down !

Comment

Originally posted by Maxlab View Post
                    With today's custom barrels I would not worry about fluting. I have had 2 done by a 3rd party no issues. Both Rifles will do 1/4 groups with factory ammo. My GS guarantees his work and accuracy. If it does not shoot well then he is replacing the barrel on it before it leaves his shop. More importantly is the person doing the fluting work.
                    Yep. Same here. My #5 lilja got spiral fluted. It's a hammer

Comment

Has anybody shot one of these? Any feedback?

Comment

Originally posted by mzurovec View Post
                        Has anybody shot one of these? Any feedback?
                        Buddy got one in 6CM. It’s a hammer.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                          Buddy got one in 6CM. It’s a hammer.
                          I figured.

Cabela's has a misprint in their current shooting catalogue listing the price at $599. I called and tried to order one in each caliber, knowing it was a misprint, and they said a ton of people had been calling. The real price is $1999.99, but to make up for the error, they are offering a $500 gift card.

Thinking hard about a 6CM or 6.5PRC.

Comment

I figured.

Cabela's has a misprint in their current shooting catalogue listing the price at $599. I called and tried to order one in each caliber, knowing it was a misprint, and they said a ton of people had been calling. The real price is $1999.99, but to make up for the error, they are offering a $500 gift card.

Holy smokes

Comment

I figured.

Do I have to buy it to get a $500 dollar girft card lol

Comment

I figured.

Is that deal still going? The gift card could be applied to the rifle? When I looked them up on cabelas it says 2899.00
                                Last edited by Radar; 01-27-2018, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X