Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You sir are an inspiration. Congratulations on another great hunt and thank you for adding to her mojo.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Sounds like you had a good time with her, Corey, and that’s what it’s all about!!!!

Sorry that nasty ole pig ran off with your arrow!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

The Travels Of The Bow Sacagawea

Well now it's my turn. Sacajawea arrived here on Saturday but I was out at the lease and just got it out of the box today. Strung her up and stuck one of my quivers on her and decided to give her a try.

I tried a couple different arrows I had already set up for heavier bows and luckily had some full length Heritage 150s I started fletching last week because I assumed that's what I'd have to use. After I got use to looking down a full length arrow all I had to do was a few tweaks and twists and a couple different point weight experiments and she's good to go. Here's a couple 18 yard shots with my broadheads.

So here's some info about me. I'm a firefighter for the City of Ft Worth. I grew up here around Mineral Wells and always loved hunting and fishing. I've been bow hunting since 1994 and in early 2009 I bought my first trad bow. It was a Bear Grizzly and my buddy bought a Martin Hunter. We basically bought them just because they were fun to shoot and we played all kinds of shooting games just screwing around with them for fun. As time went by I started learning more about shooting trad and actually started hitting what I was shooting at and that gave me the bug. Late in the season in 2009 I decided to give it a try and killed my first animal with my Bear. It was a small doe on COE land at Lake Whitney. After that I was hooked! I've killed a few animals and gone to a few 3D shoots over the years and I just enjoy it more and more as the time goes on.
        I'm glad to have the opportunity to give this bow a whirl especially during deer season. Hopefully I can keep her mojo going.
        Last edited by Featherflinger; 10-30-2017, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Nice write-up Jeff. Good shooting too!

Comment

Originally posted by Featherflinger View Post
            Well now it's my turn. Sacajawea arrived here on Saturday but I was out at the lease and just got it out of the box today. Strung her up and stuck one of my quivers on her and decided to give her a try.

I tried a couple different arrows I had already set up for heavier bows and luckily had some full length Heritage 150s I started fletching last week because I assumed that's what I'd have to use. After I got use to looking down a full length arrow all I had to do was a few tweaks and twists and a couple different point weight experiments and she's good to go. Here's a couple 18 yard shots with my broadheads.

So here's some info about me. I'm a firefighter for the City of Ft Worth. I grew up here around Mineral Wells and always loved hunting and fishing. I've been bow hunting since 1994 and in early 2009 I bought my first trad bow. It was a Bear Grizzly and my buddy bought a Martin Hunter. We basically bought them just because they were fun to shoot and we played all kinds of shooting games just screwing around with them for fun. As time went by I started learning more about shooting trad and actually started hitting what I was shooting at and that gave me the bug. Late in the season in 2009 I decided to give it a try and killed my first animal with my Bear. It was a small doe on COE land at Lake Whitney. After that I was hooked! I've killed a few animals and gone to a few 3D shoots over the years and I just enjoy it more and more as the time goes on.
            I'm glad to have the opportunity to give this bow a whirl especially during deer season. Hopefully I can keep her mojo going.
            Glad you got her during season brother. No pressure to kill just enjoy her

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Good shooting Jeff, hope you get one with her.

Comment

Have fun with her Jeff, and good luck if you get her out in the woods!!!!

Bisch

Comment

It's a good time to have her. Enjoy it.

Comment

The Travels Of The Bow Sacagawea

Sing with me. Me and Sacajawea sittin’ in a tree...
                    K-I-L-L-I-N-G!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Way to go Jeff.

Comment

Imagine that. Jeff shoots a deer with Sacagawea. Lucky sucker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I said I said!

Good job buddy

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats Jeff!!

Comment

Way to go Jeff! Now go get another with the left handed side!!!!

Bisch

Comment

That was quick. Congratulations!

Comment

Working...
                                X