Trump vs Carson: Gun Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by popup_menace View Post
    This is why I will never vote for trump. The man is simply playing the game to garner votes, no different than the scammer in chief we have now. Trump does a great job at blurting out talking points that get people riled up and patriotic, but his substance is lacking when it comes to a track record of conservatism.
    Times a billion
    This guy isn't a candidate, he's an immature puppet. Hes quite frankly the last person id want talking to china, russia, iran, un, etc. He cant even have a debate without acting like a kindergarten kid. All he has is that hes a businessman, thats it. He doesnt even answer direct questions and doesnt have a real plan for this country. Not to mention his conflict of interest in his conpanies. You think we are a global laughing atock now, imaginebwith this joker at the helm.

Rubio is the clear choice for me. Economic mind ✔ ,tactful ✔ , i believe hes genuine in his approach, he supports the constitution✔, pro life✔ and pro 2nd amendment✔, has experience with immigration✔, and knows whats going on in yhe world ✔
    Last edited by Chuy; 10-02-2015, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Rubio is going to do great in the next election cycle, with 4 more years under his belt.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
        Carson literally TODAY, not what is posted above by the OP! I am paraphrasing his words: Totally against additional gun control laws based on nitwits acting out. Mental health is a major concern and everytime an incident occurs certain politicians attempt to push their agenda based on emotion. Sad he most likely wont be in the running to get the nomination but at least we can be clear on where everyone stands for giggles & grins!
        a agree with this. Carson's thoughts have changed on guns, not because he is letting political winds blow him around, but because he hasn't ever been a politician and now he is having to craft a true platform. I could be wrong in my assessment but I feel like he gets it now.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
          Carson literally TODAY, not what is posted above by the OP! I am paraphrasing his words: Totally against additional gun control laws based on nitwits acting out. Mental health is a major concern and everytime an incident occurs certain politicians attempt to push their agenda based on emotion. Sad he most likely wont be in the running to get the nomination but at least we can be clear on where everyone stands for giggles & grins!
          I tend to think he is the true front runner. I don't think Trump will ever get over 30%. Kind of Carson's to loose at this point, as the field narrows.

Comment

Trump is a moron and a spoiled brat. He scares the crud out of me because I remember Ross Perot. I truly think he's a liberal plant, who knows how to act to convince enough people that he's not. And the media is playing right along, they love him. He's rude, crass and obnoxious and that does two things for the media. First, it drives ratings. Second, the liberal media knows that if he wins the nomination, there will be MANY conservatives, and virtually all moderates who will refuse to vote for him. You drive the moderates away from the conservative side, they'll vote liberal, and the true conservatives who see Trump as the blubbering idiot that he is, just won't vote, which is just as bad as voting liberal. So, by fawning over Trump, the media will almost guarantee a liberal win. Trump has been a liberal Clinton supporter for decades, and only came over to the conservative side since Obama was elected. Wonder if it's actually ideology, or maybe he just hates Obama for some reason.

Comment

It's being reported that GOP members are open to stricter gun controls now.
              Ron Johnson being one of them.

They are being infected and picked off One by One
              It's becoming more of a centrist govt
              The hearing protection act is not being voted on
              And now it looks like they want to ban bumpstocks

Stay tuned...

Comment

Originally posted by txfireguy2003 View Post
                Trump is a moron and a spoiled brat. He scares the crud out of me because I remember Ross Perot. I truly think he's a liberal plant, who knows how to act to convince enough people that he's not. And the media is playing right along, they love him. He's rude, crass and obnoxious and that does two things for the media. First, it drives ratings. Second, the liberal media knows that if he wins the nomination, there will be MANY conservatives, and virtually all moderates who will refuse to vote for him. You drive the moderates away from the conservative side, they'll vote liberal, and the true conservatives who see Trump as the blubbering idiot that he is, just won't vote, which is just as bad as voting liberal. So, by fawning over Trump, the media will almost guarantee a liberal win. Trump has been a liberal Clinton supporter for decades, and only came over to the conservative side since Obama was elected. Wonder if it's actually ideology, or maybe he just hates Obama for some reason.

I felt the exact same way @ that point in time!

Comment

Ok

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post

I felt the exact same way @ that point in time!
                  That was almost 2 years ago. What is your opinion now?

I was a Carson supporter then went to Cruz. I happily voted on Election Day for Trump because he was the ONLY OTHER OPTION TO DEFEAT HILLARY.

Quoting a 2 yr old opinion is useless. Unless you’re just trying to say “ Told you so, told you so” like a child.

Comment

Carson's stance on this has been well known since he emerged onto the scene. It's about the only topic I really disagree with him on.

I just want our 2nd Amendment to be completely left alone. It's been infringed upon too much as is already.

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post

Trump:

At the Conservative Political Action Conference, Trump took issue with Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas, the libertarian-thinking lawmaker who set some Internet fundraising records with his 2008 presidential bid. "Ron Paul cannot get elected, I'm sorry," Trump said, calling him "a good guy" who has "zero chance" of getting elected. The remark about Paul prompted some boos and screams from some in the audience, some of them Paul supporters out in force to help their candidate win CPAC's presidential straw poll for the second year in a row.

In his CPAC speech, Trump sounded many themes popular with Republican conservatives. "I am pro-life," he said. "I am against gun control."

And in one of his biggest applause lines, Trump vowed to end the nation's health care law: "I will fight to end Obamacare and replace it with something that makes sense for people in business and not bankrupt the country." Trump also pledged not to raise taxes if elected.
                      Source: USA Today report on 2011 Conservative Political Action Conf. , Feb 10, 2011
                      And here we are today.
                      An axis can't change its spots...

Comment

Imagine if Hillary had said that
                        Take their guns first, and then follow due process later.

You'd be ok with that?

Comment

Hell no I wouldn’t. I’m ****** about him even talking about some of the stuff he talked about today.

Now, I don’t know if he’s playing politics knowing it doesn’t have a chance in passing especially since he told Feinstein to add her bill to the proposal or if he’s taking a huge gamble knowing how worked up folks are right now.

Either way I did t like what he said and I sure hope it doesn’t backfire on him.

Everyone knows where Hillary would have been on day one if she had been elected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Arm the teachers who hold CHL's and post the signs, "campus has armed security", problems solved. This will end the massive school shootings over night, Democrats loose their gun control platform, and TXfan reported all the LWL radicalize teachers will quit teaching.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                              Hell no I wouldn’t. I’m ****** about him even talking about some of the stuff he talked about today.

Now, I don’t know if he’s playing politics knowing it doesn’t have a chance in passing especially since he told Feinstein to add her bill to the proposal or if he’s taking a huge gamble knowing how worked up folks are right now.

Either way I did t like what he said and I sure hope it doesn’t backfire on him.

Everyone knows where Hillary would have been on day one if she had been elected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                              Why are y'all acting like he's Heston?
                              His acting isn't even up to par.

It's on record as early as a few years ago that he said he's for gun control and now that he's POTUS he literally said what he's said all along "I want to take their guns..."
                              Not only said it but he's instructed sessions to start with bump stocks and then he can work his way up from there.
                              He even said he's against concealed carry reciprocity.

Why try to make him out to be some stalwart of gun rights when he is not?

So what "he was in a room full of dems" do you or he not realize there were cameras in the room and it was being live fed on the internet?
                              (I know the other guy said that not you)

And no, I didn't vote for trump in the primary.
                              At the time I liked Rubio
                              I thought he had a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                                Arm the teachers who hold CHL's and post the signs, "campus has armed security", problems solved. This will end the massive school shootings over night, Democrats loose their gun control platform, and TXfan reported all the LWL radicalize teachers will quit teaching.
                                That only works in states that have (easy) chl.
                                We are talking federal regulations not state regs.

Ask Greg Abbott to make that happen in Texas
                                Why wait for the Fed's?
                                He can do that, right?
                                Or maybe start a charter school where all teachers are carrying.

Comment

Working...
                                X