Best budget duck gun?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best budget duck gun?

I was at academy yesterday buying my license and stocking up on shells and the thought crossed my mind of upgrading from the Remington 870 I’ve been shooting for the better part of the last decade.

Does anyone in the green screen have any suggestions or advice? I’m open to pumps and semi autos. I handled the ATA Venza but know nothing about the company other than what a cursory google search told me. I’m 6’9 300 lbs so fun size and weight aren’t a huge deal to me.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pump or semi auto?

Comment

I have a Stoeger 3500. It's been super reliable, and didn't break the bank either.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
        I have a Stoeger 3500. It's been super reliable, and didn't break the bank either.
        X2.

Comment

Mossberg Maverick 88

Comment

If you are killing ducks with the 870...why change. My 870 is 20 years old and my Benelli Nova pump is 10 years old. both can rust rot corrode or even get lost in the marsh cause they were cheap and have already killed a ton of ducks.

That said, Last year I bought a Barrette 300 for $600. It was on sale at Outdoor World. Only reason I got it was due to being 65 and have a recent back injury. The lighter recoil and no need to pump make life easier on those mornings when I am hurting.

Comment

I really like my H & R Excell Auto, 12 ga. Doesn't break the bank and performs flawlessly, recoil is less than my Rem. 1100

Comment

I shot my 870 for the longest time till I bought my beretta a400 2 years ago and it was one of the best purchases I've made hunting wise.

That being said, I'm not sure what your budget is but the beretta a300 and a350 are about as good as you can get for under 1k

The stoger m3000 and m3500 are solid as well and you can probably find them for under $700

Comment

for the budget minded and if you want a gun that you can pass down to kids you cant go wrong with a Rem 870.

Comment

Originally posted by TXSTBowhunter View Post
                    I was at academy yesterday buying my license and stocking up on shells and the thought crossed my mind of upgrading from the Remington 870 I’ve been shooting for the better part of the last decade.

Does anyone in the green screen have any suggestions or advice? I’m open to pumps and semi autos. I handled the ATA Venza but know nothing about the company other than what a cursory google search told me. I’m 6’9 300 lbs so fun size and weight aren’t a huge deal to me.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    I think what you're asking is what can you step up to from the 870 and not break the bank.

In the semi-auto go check out Weatherby's new inertia gun.

Or go with a Beretta Outlander 300 or Winchester SX4.

As for pumps, stick with your 870 if its working.

If you just want new, check out Winchester's SXP or the Bellini Nova

Comment

I've been shooting a Benelli Nova for years, been a great gun and won't break the bank. Plus it can take some abuse as well and not show it.

Comment

The 870 is the best pump ever in production more than likely.

If you are wanting to upgrade, I would go with a Beretta A300 Outlander. For the price, probably one of the best Autos in a auto entry price point. They can be found for around $700-$800.

Comment

Another vote for the A300

Comment

I would just get another 870 if you're just wanting something new.

Comment

Quality has gone down a lot on the Remington 870 in my opinion. For a new pump, I'd take a nova.

Comment

Working...
                              X