Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

laughing...

Originally posted by shark79 View Post
    If you're driving with both feet and have any contact with the brake pedal they will lag. At least mine will.
    ^^^^^^^^^^ This... The wife was guilty of doing this and was upset the truck was running bad, I moved her to passenger seat, and said watch this. now her foot stays flat when driving it..

Comment

Originally posted by Capp35 View Post
      I'd like to know if this really works.
      I had a Juice on my Dodge, but not sure how they can speed up turbo spool?
      The 2015+ 6.7 have VGT turbos, changing the tune can change how the turbo spools up. Since the turbo has the ability to change the pitch of the vanes to accommodate for different boost needs.

Comment

Well if the VGT is not working properly or at all at low rpm/load and closing off the outlet then the aspect ratio is too large to get the necessary flow velocity and the turbo won't spool up. Can also work against you going the other way as well. If the VGT is not opening the nozzle to increase the aspect ratio of the turbo outlet it will kill top end power.
        There could be some issue with an EGR valve sensor or the PCM may just need a reflash. Either way a diagnostics might find the problem.

I think a 2 stage or compound turbo is a better setup but costs a lot more and probably make EPA people have seizures.

Forgot to add the EGR send data to the computer which in turn controls the VGT opening and closing. On a gas engine the o2 sensors provide the data to the computer to adjust the duty cycle of the injectors.
        Last edited by muzzlebrake; 05-21-2017, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Im new to diesels. I own a 2015 and 2016 F250 6.7. Both run like demons...or sting like a "Scorpion"...apparently name given to engine. I dont like too or mean too but sometimes hotrod and dont notice any lag whatsoever in either truck. Both were purchased aftermarket at auto auction and both came from oilfield fleet.

Both pull my trailers like a charm. I was really surprised my first time driving in mountain snow over Monarch Pass in CO...without a load...setting exhaust brake and trailer mode wihout cruise control how the motor set itself when tapping on the brake at desired speed and it stayed there on the down grade.

OP...I hope you get a diagnostics run. I think its your programming.

Comment

I say its normal in the newer trucks.
            I have a 12 model power stroke deleted with sct tuner.
            I have 07 classic duramax with super chip programmer.

From slow roll to stomping it to floor. The d max will spank the power stroke on response out of the hole all day long. Its a lil aggrevating. Kinda just feels like it takes too long for ford to get going. But when she goes. She goes.

Comment

There is no question that the factory programming on Fords are anemic.
              Same with the other mfgs. It's all about saving the drive train parts.
              These engines will turn up to well over 500hp and 1000 ft lbs of torque with just programming.
              My nephew's F250 is now right at 600hp and 1200 ft/lbs. It has had head bolts and head gaskets upgraded but just a matter of time before the rods fold up the way he hammers on it.

Comment

Big difference of opinions on here.
                It runs fine in every way except a full throttle from idle/rolling.

I hate that Ford does not give out loaner cars for warranty work.
                Going to cost me money anytime I have it worked on.
                When we take my wife's Honda in for service, they ask what kind of car we would like. LOL

Comment

Big difference of opinions on here.
                  It runs fine in every way except a full throttle from idle/rolling.

I hate that Ford does not give out loaner cars for warranty work.
                  Going to cost me money anytime I have it worked on.
                  When we take my wife's Honda in for service, they ask what kind of car we would like. LOL
                  It must be the dealer or your sales person. Mine always offers me a vehicle when it needs work, except for regular maintenance.

Comment

MacHaik doesn't offer loaners.
                    Anyone know of a dealer in Houston that does?

Comment

MacHaik doesn't offer loaners.
                      Anyone know of a dealer in Houston that does?

Try McRee ford in Dickinson
                      They used to advertise loaners for all owners

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hey Cap, here's one of the throttle booster threads I ran across while looking up other stuff.
                        Might be your answer-

Comment

Working...
                        X