Complete Golf Cart Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sports View Post
    I am definately interested in following this thread. I bought this a few months back with the lift kit, tires and bed already installed. I have had to replace the batteries but am looking to do some upgrades myself. Primarily a camo paint job, light kit, and whatever I need to do to get a little more speed going uphills. Best I can tell it is a 1979 model (model # 79H17).
    My cart is a knock off of your cart. Melex copied EZGO until the went under.

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
      I will be watching. What is solid state and what is resistor and how do u know which one you have? I pulled home an older ez go today and need batteries first, then on to cosmetics.
      The coils under the seat are resistor coils. newer carts don't have these.

Comment

nice

Comment

I got the rear half of the sheet metal off. There were flat head screws every 4 inches on this thing. and the rear is the easiest part to disassemble.

Comment

I got it almost completely stripped. Getting ready to lift the rear. There is no where near as much corrosion as I expected. Just some surface rust. It is moving right along with no issues so far. I am amassing quite a pile of parts as you can see.
            Attached Files

Comment

Got the rear end out of it getting it ready to build the lift.

Comment

Sweet project!
                Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
                l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
                ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

Got the lift done Now I just have to clean up my welds and prime it. I lifted the front 6" and the rear 7". I am happy with the progress so far. There is a lot of work to do yet but it will be worth it when its done.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Following this closely. Have 2 to build over the summer and this will help a lot.

Comment

Did you build the lift kit yourself???

Comment

Sweet, lots of fun giving them a make-over! I just finished mine last month.

1991 EZ Go Marathon before and after.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Awesome!!

Comment

have a 96 ezgo that i'm working on

Comment

what does it cost to rebuild one like that?
                              I know of a few laying around that I could probably pick up for cheep.
                              thanks

Comment

Originally posted by fisher__man View Post
                                what does it cost to rebuild one like that?
                                I know of a few laying around that I could probably pick up for cheep.
                                thanks
                                Well, it all depends on how far you want to go with it. I am really gong overboard with it and I will have $2500-$3000 in it when it is all said and done. You can get out MUCH cheaper depending on what you are wanting to accomplish with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X