Field Dressing Table??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seriously?

Remember, you might be wound just a little bit tight if you get into a heated debate over animal gutting locations.

Come on, people!

(15+ posts have been deleted for those in the peanut gallery)
    Hunting Videos & Flickr Pix

Comment

Originally posted by Devin View Post
      Seriously?

Remember, you might be wound just a little bit tight if you get into a heated debate over animal gutting locations.

Come on, people!

my bad, sorry for kidding around with people I don't know. I need to think before I type and just repeat to myself "you are always right, you don't have to type it out for others to see"

Comment

Originally posted by Devin View Post
        Seriously?

Come on, people!

Thanks for the info... from the peanut gallery!

Comment

i built one last season, i'd seen them used in south tx on some hunts. I found that i'm faster with the animal hanging. However some of that is due to the fact that I have mastered the technique of skinning one while laying in the trough. I'm gonna try it some more this season but i've seen guys that can really knock em out fast while laying in the trough. check this guy out 8 minutes! [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwCDB7g43_8"]YouTube - 8 Minute Deer field dress[/ame]

Comment

Seriously?

Come on, people!
            Thanks for getting this back on track Devin.

Comment

That one pictured for "Outback Feeders" was the one I saw and will build one like it. It looks like the "cat's meow". When I rifle hunted, I always gutted in field, but have become much more **** since bowhunting. We always bring deer to camp to dress. I guess I don't like the smell of dead animals all over the pasture and near my blinds and feeding areas. It also attracts a lot of predators to the area, which might make my deer nervous.

Comment

River Rat, that is exactly the way I'm thinking about doing it. I don't know if I would be that fast, but I can't see it getting any easier than that.

Comment

i built mine out of scrap wood laying around the barn so cost should be minimal. We are headed up this wknd to try and wack some pigs so I gotta think having one guy on the trough and one guy on the hanger should make things run pretty quick.

Comment

At the risk of being a smart alec-in regards to the video I have had one completely quartered and in the cooler in 8minutes-with witnesses. My grandfather could do it much faster. He had a lot of practice back in the day doing it to beat the gamewarden. I don't really see the point of the table, but it might be easier. If you are going to have to hang it up anyway, why not just hang it up from the get go and you don't have to bend over to work on the animal?

Comment

Working...
                    X