Tiger Woods: Does Anybody Even Care?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bowmansdad View Post
    All the youngsters got to see how it is when Tiger is in the hunt. He bided his time and they all choked, congratulations to Tiger on a great win!

Yep, it had a very different feel than Tiger majors of old. Not the cold blooded assasin look like he used to bring on Sunday, but still awesome.

But Molinari looked scared to death over every shot after 12.[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It's defenitly good to see Tiger once again succeed. This coming from a sports fan and not from a golf fan. Been years since I watched any golf. Well, I watched Tiger win today!

Additionally, it's good to see someone that fell so far from the top, fight so hard to be backed on top. Good to see him celebrating with his family. And yes, I know he made some serious mistakes, but I won't be one casting stones as I have made mistakes as well.

If he remains healthy, he will brake Jack's record in the next three years. By the end of 2022 he will be holding number 19 if it even takes that long...

Comment

Oops...

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
          Yep, it had a very different feel than Tiger majors of old. Not the cold blooded assasin look like he used to bring on Sunday, but still awesome.

I can’t believe Koepka missed on 17 and 18, just showed the Tiger mojo was back! My wife commented that this was a different Tiger also, much more mature and letting the others make the mistakes.

Comment

I am happy to see him win. For no other reason than all the posts it has generated.

Comment

The last time the U.S. Open was at Torrey Pines, Tiger Woods pulled off one of his most remarkable wins. With the event returning this week for the first time since, we look back at the events surrounding his 2008 playoff win over Rocco Mediate.

Comment

Crow taste pretty good now?

Comment

Tiger is appreciative of other golfers and fan now that he has been in the gutter. Jack didn't win any WGC because they didn't have them in his day. Both are great and good for golf. Before Jack was the GOAT it was Arnie. Before him Hogan. Before him Jones. No way to argue Jack Vs Tiger. They are both the Greatest if THEIR time.

Congrats to Tiger on his win. Even the young guns were there to greet him coming off of the course.

Comment

What are Tiger haters going to latch onto next? That he will never win another major by more than 1 stroke?

Way to go Tiger. That was fun to watch.

Comment

Congrats to Tiger, just shows that if you try hard enough you can always get back to the top.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

This is so true Dale. Tiger stalked and waited in the grass 2/3s of the day. When the stumble happened, he pounced and knew how to remain calm and keep them at bay. He kept his composure and threw a couple darts to show them youngsters that I ain’t scared. You want it, come get it! I think that shot on 16 took the wind out of everyone’s sails. It was great golf all around today imo. Tiger showed his “new” side today. Being appreciative and truly happen to win. Not just like, oh another trophy for the closet feel.
                        Can’t wait for the next tournament! Expectations will be crazy. We will see then what tiger is made of.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                          Jack's top 7 competitors won 40 majors and 250+ tournaments and are all in the HOF...that's just the Top 7. I have another theory if you'll indulge me. While Tiger's competitors are likely just as gifted, I don't think today's players have the same heart for a simple reason....the insane amount of money that the guy finishing second, fifth or twentieth wins. Guys back then battled each other for victories. Today, if you finish second, you still win a **** King's ransom.

Another argument for Jack being the GOAT is the fact that he not only did he win 18 Majors, but he finished 2nd in 19 other Majors....Woods finish second 6 times. Jack was TOP THREE in 48 Majors....Woods in 24.

I can't argue with anyone that thinks Woods is the GOAT, he's **** hard to critique, but I can sure plead a case for Jack.

This is spot on as we had this conversation today. We love watching Tiger come back and win a major but Jack is still the goat for the exact reasons listed above! But ****...it was a fun morning of golf!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Shinesintx View Post
                            Tiger just made golf interesting again.
                            Yep,and the U.S.Open is at Pebble Beach this year.I remember him beating the heck outta the field there several years ago.Could be a fun year for t.v.golf again,finally.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
                              I will say that I'm very pleased Tiger stayed steady and won. He's been very close several times this year and gotten better and more solid in various aspects -- notably driving accuracy and putting.

He tweaked his equipment, getting the right shaft and loft in his driver -- leading to more fairways off the tee, for instance. As close as he was at the PGA with ZERO fairways on the front nine of the final round, imagine if he had figured out his driver set-up a month earlier: might have added another major there. He switched back to his old faithful putter and one-putted like it was going out of style. And don't forget that he was leading on the back nine of the British Open's final round.

This latest win just brought everything together for him. Could be a real renaissance ahead. It could be compelling drama to see a new generation of pro golfers learn what it means to compete against, possibly, the greatest golfer who has ever lived. For many, Tiger was their golfing inspiration and idol in an almost mythological sense. Now, they're finding out that he is not just a figurehead but an opponent beyond compare. He is certainly one of the fiercest competitors there has ever been in any sport.
                              Now, THIS is an example of a post that has aged well. Spot on.

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
                                I understand that he was once one of the best ever, but... BYE!!

He's done. I listen to and watch a lot of golf and I'm sick of hearing his name. He is a washed up has been that will never win another tourney. Can we stop glossing him already. I don't care what club he's swinging, what ball he's hitting, or what shirt he's wearing. The game is going to be just fine without him.

Does anybody even care if he comes back???

15 time Major Champion. Looks like 18 is now within reach. Won some small tournament they host in Augusta, Georgia every year. Pretty good for a washed up has been.

Comment

Working...
                                X