Sonora TX 2017-2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mexico70 View Post
    Bowslayer I assume your using one of those cameras that sends the pics to your phone. If so give me some info on it . Like what brand ? What kinda charges to your phone ? How do you set it up ? And do you have any trouble with it ?

Its a Spartan GoCam. Cost is about $12/month on AT&T. They are pretty easy to get set up. I built an external solar/battery set up for this camera and haven't had to touch it since June. I love seeing all my pictures as it takes them. I can also change all the settings and take pictures on demand.

Comment

Originally posted by mexico70 View Post
      There's nothing more exciting than setting up a New Lease !
      I agree 100% It's been a long time since I've been as excited to get on a place. We've not seen too many exotics, but hoping axis will be making an increased showing in the area.

From what I've read, it's best to feed protein starting the next few weeks and continuing through late summer, is that correct?

Comment

Bow slayer - every one of my feeders has at least 1 big rock on top for that very reason. It helps a lot. You're lucky to have such a helpful landowner!

Sackett - definitely doing the right thing by starting protein now. The deer need it now to recover from the rut and put some weight back on to finish out the winter. The does will eat it now thru fawning season and the bucks will really hammer it during velvet. Most feed protein from Jan-Sept. Others (myself included) feed year round. My deer still come to it regularly during the season and there's always exotics that will come to it. Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
          The landowner stood it back up and filled it. He also added a large rock to the top of it.

Bowslayer, looks like you made your own corral panels using square tubing. Curious how tall the panels are and what size tubing you used. Do they pin together? They look great!
          Last edited by ColinR; 01-22-2017, 08:43 PM.

Comment

I'm trying to get on a lease out there so I'm gonna subscribe to this thread. Gotta wait and see how many are getting back on this year to see if I have a spot on my buddies place. It's south of town off of Juno Highway

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
              Bowslayer, looks like you made your own corral panels using square tubing. Curious how tall the panels are and what size tubing you used. They look great!

They are standard hog panels. Either 34" or 36" tall I can't remember. They are framed with I believe 1" tubing and made to pin together. Tree Phantom was the one that made them and they are awesome where it's not possible to drive a post.

Comment

They are standard hog panels. Either 34" or 36" tall I can't remember. They are framed with I believe 1" tubing and made to pin together. Tree Phantom was the one that made them and they are awesome where it's not possible to drive a post.
                10-4 thank you sir.

Comment

Its a Spartan GoCam. Cost is about $12/month on AT&T. They are pretty easy to get set up. I built an external solar/battery set up for this camera and haven't had to touch it since June. I love seeing all my pictures as it takes them. I can also change all the settings and take pictures on demand.
                  Thank you sir I'll check them out !

Comment

I went to the lease this weekend. Walked in the cabin and the kitchen was a wreck...... I'm figuring coon by the size of the stuff knocked over. I found the hole and started cleaning up. Came face to face with one of these in my bedroom. Needless to say we scared the shizzy out of both of us !

I ran him out of the house and covered the hole.
                    Ate and drank like a king. Weather was great, got a few things done and checked my game cams. Filled feeders and cleaned up my box blind.

And a potential fat cull for next yr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

In for the new year!

Comment

Sonora

Originally posted by BrianG View Post
                        In for the new year!
                        When is your next trip down?

Comment

Originally posted by breese View Post
                          When is your next trip down?

Either February 18th or 25th weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Ill be Sutton county bound tomorrow ! Gonna fill all the feeders and kill a bunch of coons and a bunch of Barley Pops !! Anybody else heading out tomorrow ?

Comment

Heading out there this weekend as well.

Comment

Planner and I will be at the ranch tomorrow also.

Comment

Working...
                                X