"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeerGhostSpeaks View Post
    Kind of, a lechusa is a Mexican superstition of supposedly a witch that transforms herself into an owl or some kind of half and half monster . Skin walker is more Native American but I think the stories say they transform into coyotes ??
    I think that it depends on the region, like different tribes have different versions of what a skinwalker is. Based on your description of a lechusa, I think that they may be one and the same.

From what I've read/heard about skinwalkers, they can take on many different forms, animal or human, and they either possess a person or take their place after eating them/stealing their soul or whatever.

I'm man enough to admit that I possibly would **** bricks if I heard that weird screaming noise. I mean it wouldn't stop me from hunting/fishing, since it's probably just a meth head tweaking out, but its creepy nonetheless.
    Last edited by AdonisVonDanger; 10-19-2017, 03:34 PM.

Comment

On a different note, does anyone know the average water depth of the San Gabriel river? I'd like to go hunt the other side, so I'm hoping that there's a place that's shallow enough for me to cross before I bust out the kayak.

I think someone said that the level at Dickerson's bottom is only like 2-3 feet or something. On my old phone I had an app that had topographical maps of all the rivers/lakes here in Texas, so I know there are a few places where it drops down to like 20 ft, though it's generally 3-5 ft on average. I definitely don't want to take a surprise swim with my bow in hand lol.

Comment

Originally posted by AdonisVonDanger View Post
        On a different note, does anyone know the average water depth of the San Gabriel river? I'd like to go hunt the other side, so I'm hoping that there's a place that's shallow enough for me to cross before I bust out the kayak.

I think someone said that the level at Dickerson's bottom is only like 2-3 feet or something. On my old phone I had an app that had topographical maps of all the rivers/lakes here in Texas, so I know there are a few places where it drops down to like 20 ft, though it's generally 3-5 ft on average. I definitely don't want to take a surprise swim with my bow in hand lol.
        sounds a little sketchy... depth is not your enemy however the muddy bottom is. probably easier to just access gate 9. It would require a longer hike but at least you'd be dry.
        Last edited by texas9; 10-19-2017, 10:14 PM.

Comment

I killed 1 hog friday 13th and 1 on tuesday. no hogs seen today.

anyone know of a place that accepts wild game to donate? or any of y'all would like donated hogs for yourselves? (usually only clean 100 lbs or less) i live alone and don't have much room for more meat.
          Last edited by texas9; 10-19-2017, 10:10 PM.

Comment

You can usually cross at The Steps; it can anywhere from ankle deep to waist deep. Good hard bottom.

Comment

Thanks Rat! I'm gonna go out in an hour or two, depending on the weather I might go ahead and cross. Anyone else going out today?

Comment

Thanks Rat! I'm gonna go out in an hour or two, depending on the weather I might go ahead and cross. Anyone else going out today?
                If you park here and walk down the path, not the stairs, there is a pretty shallow crossing there. No more that knee deep when the river is up.

Go to the right when you hit the river and look for it.
                Last edited by Removed; 06-25-2019, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by texas9 View Post
                  I killed 1 hog friday 13th and 1 on tuesday. no hogs seen today.

anyone know of a place that accepts wild game to donate? or any of y'all would like donated hogs for yourselves? (usually only clean 100 lbs or less) i live alone and don't have much room for more meat.
                  I'll happily except the meat that you don't have room to keep it, if you still have it. Also, for future reference the only way to donate hogs are if they are still alive and go through an inspected slaughterhouse. They do however take venison, but even then, you take it to a listed processor and recieve a receipt from them.

Comment

Originally posted by jvela23 View Post
                    I'll happily except the meat that you don't have room to keep it, if you still have it. Also, for future reference the only way to donate hogs are if they are still alive and go through an inspected slaughterhouse. They do however take venison, but even then, you take it to a listed processor and recieve a receipt from them.
                    i kept the last one, but was just looking for someone who might like to have the next one. do you happen to live in taylor or georgetown?

Comment

Is it okay to park anywhere off a county road? anyone have any issues with that?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeSB View Post
                        Is it okay to park anywhere off a county road? anyone have any issues with that?
                        Public right of way is
                        Public right of way.

Rant:
                        (Yee Hawg...because I like to go faster than Grandma)
                        What flippin TXDOT jackhole decided to turn Hwy 95 between Circleville and Granger from an awesome 4 lane into a dumbchit 3 lane. Now its a farkin danger for EMS to pass!...theyve gotta swerve into the oncoming lane to pass same lane traffic.

Snort! Yee Hawg!
                        Last edited by Briar Friar; 10-24-2017, 09:10 PM. Reason: MoreandLessSpake

Comment

I'm out at gate 7 right now and as I was walking in, a little Yorkshire terrier looking dog walked by. Anyone missing a dog?

Comment

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CARNAGE68 View Post

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
                              The master does it again! Congrats

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

****in, A

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...