X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which one is (or will be) larger?

Age as well.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left buck will score higher, but not by a huge amount.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
      Left buck will score higher, but not by a huge amount.
      Agree

Right buck is young. Left buck looks to be mature but need more pics of him.

Comment

Comment

Approx score?

Comment

They should both end up in the 115-120 range.

Comment

Left is a pretty buck I like the double throat patch

Comment

110-115 and 3 year old on both

Comment

110-115" and 3 year old

Comment

One on the left in top pics is at least a year older. Will they make AR's if you are in an AR county?

Comment

The right buck is just a little behind the other one growing. The left one is almost tipped out, the right one still has bulbs to his ends and more inches to grow. No telling who will be bigger until they are hard horned. Its really hard to compare deer in the middle of velvet season.

Comment

This is a stand/feeder that my two youngest boys share (11 & 12). Our rule is that they can shoot a buck bigger than anything they've shot before. The 11 year old has shot a 9 point about 100" and the 11 has only shot a spike.
                        I believe it much more important to keep their fire lit by letting them work to improve their trophy each year rather than making them wait maybe years to get a "mature" buck. We only hunt a couple hundred acres and these bucks could be here today and gone tomorrow. The boys love filling the feeders and checking game cameras and I talk to them about letting bucks mature, but they have their eyes on these bucks. Both are larger than what they've ever killed. They will be beyond ecstatic if they got either one of these. In my mind that's what it's all about. Setting the hook deep at a young age so they carry on the addiction and passion of hunting. I'm sure a lot of y'all would disagree and have me teach them to wait, but as long as they constantly improve then I feel I am planting a management concept seed in their heads.

Comment

^i like your style! Keep them excited!

Comment

I say you're doing a great job and keep hunting to your standards. Everyone can play I only harvest 10yr old mature whitetail buck deer hunter on the green screen all they want but that is not reality!

Comment

You are doing the right thing, great management philosophy that you have developed.

Hope, both your boys enjoy the fruits of their labors this fall.

Comment

Working...
                              X