Internal magazine Remington action lengths

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Internal magazine Remington action lengths

Looking for internal magazine action lengths. Loading 195TMK's in a 30-06 my gauge tells me 3.523 so going to start at 3.500. Only enfo I have found says magazine length for a 700 la is 3.66. Is this correct?

How far to the lands? If I am seating anywhere near the lands I tend to be shooting a single shot.....LOL

Comment

3.523 is where the bullet enters the rifling.

Comment

You should be fine. I use the Berger method for determining the seating depth with great luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Outbreaker View Post
          How far to the lands? If I am seating anywhere near the lands I tend to be shooting a single shot.....LOL
          In my former job/hobby of accuracy workups, I found that bolt face to rifling lengths were nearly always longer than magazines, thus making single shots or two-shooters out of my bolt guns. For pigs at night at lighted feeders--not a problem though.

Comment

What about a Wyatt's Box? The CFE-9 would allow an OAL of 4.00 inches. http://wyattsoutdoor.com/product_inf...products_id/39

They have other boxes that would give you OAL length of 3.825"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Horitexan View Post
              What about a Wyatt's Box? The CFE-9 would allow an OAL of 4.00 inches. http://wyattsoutdoor.com/product_inf...products_id/39

They have other boxes that would give you OAL length of 3.825"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Do you have to mill your rifle and stock for these to fit?

Comment

Originally posted by db@100 View Post
                Do you have to mill your rifle and stock for these to fit?
                According to the description your bolt stop has to be modified and other milling will need to be done.

I will take a single shot that fires single hole groups. I am not modifying a rifle that is that accurate.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                  X