Whitney Lake area users: Reclasification of Project use lands for 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whitney Lake area users: Reclasification of Project use lands for 2017

The Whitney lands have been reclassified with new names for various usages designated by ACE. The Classification were last done in 1972. The new classifications are being implemented for 2017. The document dose state that there will be no changes to current use for the hunting program with a very small exception to a very small amount of acreage. But it dose not state that can not happen later on. As some current hunting areas are now re-classified as "Environmentally Sensitive Areas" in certain sections.

The attached link provides a PDF file for review if your interested. It is a 308 page document with included maps, both of media and aerial photo, of the reclassified areas and usages. Also it is a summary of why and all supporting documents and surveys by other state and federal agencies such as the US Fish and Wildlife Service. It also discusses all species found in the region, both invasive and natural, on the project, and impacts that are expected.

This second link provides a one page PDF document Map of the proposed 2016 map changes and the reclassification names of areas within the Whitney Project properties before final authorization of the changes in the above document.

Good to know. I wish I had known about the meetings last year!

Thanks for posting!

Comment

Thanks TG I've got to study up on them now.

Comment

Working...
      X