Feeder design help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeder design help

I've got an idea in my head and can't seem to figure exactly how to do it. I am wanting to build a stand and fill with a 12volt motor. The catch is I want the box where the timer is to be mounted on the side where I don't have to kneel down on the ground to change the battery, or timer. Does anyone have any examples of how I could put this together.

helluva build right here:

https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...ght=stand+fill

Comment

you could do something like the all seasons ez fill.

Ive seen some where they put a internal box with the battery and timer inside the feeder near the lid. Just depends on the total height of your feeder. Im about to built 2 stand and fills but want them high enough off the ground so i wont shoot a hole in them when i unload on pigs.

Comment

Thanks-I just did a search for "feeder" and missed that one. This is what I am wanting to do.

Comment

home made
          Attached Files

Comment

PSE do you have any close ups of the feeder motor and how it is attached?

Comment

Best shot i have right now. About to build 3 more.
              Attached Files

Comment

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

PSE- so basically the feeder unit for the motor is the same-you just repositioned the timer and battery?

Comment

yes, ran flexible liquid tight conduit , from motor box the timer/battery box.

Comment

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

If I understand you correctly, all you’d need to do is extend your battery and timer/clock wires to the side where you want your box mounted ?

Whether you go inside or outside your feeder, you need to protect the wires from critters.

I’d go the outside route, using aluminum pliable tubing to encase the wire and JB Weld and silicone them all along the way up and into your side box [emoji403].

You might lose a bit of power from the additional 4 feet of wiring ? But not enough to make a true difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I took a tailgate feeder motor that mounts inside your barrel ( Think it was a Spintech brand). Ran carflex from the motor to a weather proof box mounted on the side. No more passing out from the fat pains squatting down.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2524.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	24605366
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2523.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	103.5 KB
ID:	24605367
                          IMG_2530.MOV

Comment

Get you a box like this off amazon. $30 TYD and bolt it to the side.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Just go up a size on wire to eliminate ?...on tubing EMT would be fine too
                              Good info mike

Comment

Working...
                              X