Young barrel Racer tragically killed..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Young barrel Racer tragically killed..

As most on here know my daughter competes at a very high level in barrel racing and rodeo, she is 12. Got a pm from Curtintex asking if it was Riley and thank God it wasn't but was much appreciated and love the love the Green Screen shows.. That being said I don't know the family of the little angel or any details. I don't know her experience . I'm posting this from a dad who has been around rodeo almost all my life.... Rodeo is tough sport, very unforgiving ...it's not a matter if you get hurt but how bad. Doesn't matter the event... Bulls, bares, calves, barrels... It's going to happen. But be aware that pony/horse your kiddo rides and lopes at the house and goes to little play days isn't a rodeo horse. Rodeo horses see the big lights and noise. It may be fun in those arenas but in the rodeo parade, Grand Entry , rodeo itself it overwhelms them.etc... But that pony you are sitting on or your kiddos are riding could give a **** less.
    Last edited by BrandonA; 03-20-2017, 10:28 PM.

Prayers up for her family and community. Sounds like she was a really special kid.

Comment

Prayers up

Comment

Young lady in Caldwell County.. Very sad

Comment

Have not read the article but all those kids are special. So sorry to hear this.

Prayers sent

Comment

Such a sad deal prayers sent for the family

Comment

very sad d deal there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Had to open the article when I first saw it because I have a powerlifter who races and her little sisters do as well. Very sad deal!

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                  As most on here know my daughter competes at a very high level in barrel racing and rodeo, she is 12. Got a pm from Curtintex asking if it was Riley and thank God it wasn't but was much appreciated and love the love the Green Screen shows.. That being said I don't know the family of the little angel or any details. I don't know her experience . I'm posting this from a dad who has been around rodeo almost all my life.... Rodeo is tough sport, very unforgiving ...it's not a matter if you get hurt but how bad. Doesn't matter the event... Bulls, bares, calves, barrels... It's going to happen. But be aware that pony/horse your kiddo rides and lopes at the house and goes to little play days isn't a rodeo horse. Rodeo horses see the big lights and noise. It may be fun in those arenas but in the rodeo parade, Grand Entry , rodeo itself it overwhelms them.etc... But that pony you are sitting on or your kiddos are riding could give a **** less.
                  This is very true and the reason we only buy horses for our daughter that have been used as rodeo horses.

Comment

Prayers up for the family.

Comment

Caldwell tx. Not Caldwell county. Very sad thing

Comment

Very very sad, my heart goes out to the family.

Comment

Sad deal. For the most part my family has been lucky in this regard. I have only had one cousin significantly injured. She had a horse go down. She was in a coma for about 2 weeks. Prayers sent to the family.

-john

Comment

My wife told me about this. So sad.
                            Prayers Up for the Family.

Comment

Terrible

Comment

Working...
                              X