Fishing in Puerto Rico?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fishing in Puerto Rico?

Has any one been down there for off shore fishing? My wife said she wanted to try some where different for vacation and I figured I would look into getting a offshore charter while we are there.

Been marlin fishing there years ago. It's some of the best in the world. You start right out of the port because it's 10,000 feet deep.

Comment

wrong info wrong country

Comment

Good tarpon fishing where rain forest rivers dump in ocean

Comment

I deep sea fished there a couple years back. We caught a couple of Wahoo.

Comment

Was there in Feb. and the tarpon fishing is awesome. Didn't have enough time to deep sea fish, but be sure and check the fishing reports before you go.

Comment

Tarpon fished there a few years ago with captn David. Great guide and funny. Had two days booked and ended up going a third. Went at the wrong time of the year for the big ones, but jumped 10+ fish to 80lbs and landed 6 up to 40 lbs. also could have caught snook all day.
              I want to go again and throw lures as we had a hard time making good bait.

Best Puerto Rico Fishing Charters! Biggest light tackle company in San Juan, Guarantee No sea-sick. Tarpon and Snook. Call Now (787) 644-1444

Comment

Planning on going for Tarpon and peacock bass with the flyrod in 2018.

Comment

Sounds like a fun trip, hope y'all are doing well

Comment

Snook and Tarpon on the southern part of the island - Roosevelt Roads. I sailed in and out of Puerto Rico for about 3 years, nothing chartered - just DIY fishing. Bottom fishing isn't on fire good - too deep but Pelagics can and do frequent the island. If you have a slow day offshore, there isn't much for a PLAN B.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys! I just found out that she wants to go to Costa Rico now. Any guides out there?

Comment

Working...
                      X