No announcement yet.

My new Grayson Co property!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tree is a cedar elm. Deer eat it. Well at least on my place. We hinge cut them so deer can eat more.
    You can use the hinges as a funnel.

Comment

In for progress and results.

Comment

Hot of the Covert press.
        Attached Files

Comment

Youg to a couple of nice ones in there.

As to the billboards, I'd paint "NO Trespassing, Private Property".

Comment

The wood from the billboards would make good sign material to hang around your fence perimeter.

Also get you some purple paint and start painting your trees on the perimeter.

Comment

Originally posted by Spearchunker View Post
              Hot of the Covert press.
              That's a nice bachelor group! Especially with the trespassers you've got. You're gonna have a fine place once you get everything finished up!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Very nice

Comment

How old say ye?

I am starting a inventory of these guys to see what DD does or doesnt do.
                  Attached Files

Comment

How old say ye?

I am starting a inventory of these guys to see what DD does or doesnt do.
                    Hard to say, but I bet he's 4.5 plus.

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
                      Hard to say, but I bet he's 4.5 plus.
                      I agree

Comment

I agree
                        He looks by that picture that he's had a rough winter chasing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Cardinal View Post
                          Congrats, its a great feeling pulling into "your" gate to go get on the stand.

$2700 on the survey is a pretty fair shake for a brushy 40 acre tract with a creek on it, just FYI. I'd recommend walking the property lines sooner rather than later, maybe set some T-posts at any corners the surveyors find/set so you will always know where they are in the future. I'm curious to what the fencing quote will run.

Looking forward to progress pics, I need to update my thread after seeing this.
                          X2 on getting the T-post out asap.

Comment

Nice piece!

You have a nice place sir! Good number of animals already and the fencing should allievate most of the trespassing issue, hopefully.

Good luck and pace yourself as a new landowner, lol. I tried to do too much too soon, lol...

Comment

Update fellas

The highway frontage mulching has really cleaned up the veiw.Its ready for a new fence. The gate has been designed and hopefully they will start Monday once things dry up a little bit.

Should get the cabin this week and ordered the road base for end of next week. Met with the power company waiting on a cost for that doesn't look too good might be off the grid for a little while, I have to start picking my priorities.

Pulled cards not too many new deer few different little bucks did come through. Sorry about the clarity on this picture I was in the truck but here's a group of the ones I see quite a bit at all spots.

I do have a problem they are rarely going to a protein station and not staying long. And the coons or wiping me out it looks like. These are timed units so I can control how much is in the trey but I think I made a mistake mixing corn with the protein? I really didn't expect this much coon activities but should have realized of course if I put corn is going to be Coons..

Deer are eating protien at hand thrown sopts. But i did mix it with Big J.

Will the coons eat protein as much as corn?

Sean
                              Attached Files

Comment

Very nice, tuned in for more!

Comment

Working...
                                X