Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope you find him.

Comment

Never give up!! A good dog can track a trail no matter how "cold" or old!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Lost 8-001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	207.0 KB
ID:	24556433

Now you can see how Sandy the Wonder Dog got her name!!

Comment

I would try and look for him next weekend. Use your nose - and look for buzzards.

Check out the obvious places on Google earth beforehand and try to walk those out. (bedding areas close to your stand)
        If he was a lung shot deer - he probably didn't go more than a few hundred yards - but only finding 2 drops of blood sounds like the shot was high & forward.

Comment

For future problems like this, if it's going to rain, put some thing over a good blood spot so the rain cannot wash it out. Almost all dogs won't start with out a good blood spot. They don't really trail the blood any way, they trail the deer's scent. They need the blood to determine which deer to trail.

A couple years ago, Bisch shot a buck and hit a little back. He even admitted it, the only guy I know that didn't say he hit it perfect. It rained all night long. The next morning, I took Bonnie there and she wouldn't hit as all the blood was washed away. We went the way the deer had gone and she hit on some blood that was on the under side of a cactus pad and hadn't washed away. 400 yards later and we were standing over his deer, hit in the liver just like he said.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Draco; 10-16-2018, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X