No announcement yet.

Props to Discount Tire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love discount tire. They always take good care of me no matter which location I go to.

Comment

I guess it depends on the location as each has a different manager. However, my nearest location has always treated me well. I always hated going to NTB for a rotation and waiting over an hour for something that simple. My local Discount sticks by appointment times and will have you in and out within 30 minutes for something simple. Last few sets of tires I purchased from them, I was in and out within an hour of my appointment time.

Price matching is also a plus. I get that they might not match every little internet deal out there, but there's no issue with normal retail centers.

Comment

I bought a new set of coopers from them recently and took it back 5 times to rebalance and then finally I had enough and talked to the manager and took him for a ride. They then took my truck in and broke down each tire and turned them 180 degrees. They got 3 right but had to give me one new tire. It still isn't great but I can deal with it. There is one store that has broken at least 5 studs off my truck and they have offered to pay for them but I would have to go to a mechanic shop and wait 2 hours so I just fix it myself. I'm on the fence with them, they are always running too fast. Post up tomorrow how it goes.

Comment

I have nothing bad to say about Discount, they have always taken great care of me. I have banked off the tire insurance deal too. I have gotten four free tires due to flats and having the insurance..... I had one of the guys there tell me he should put me on a poster for the most ever free tires HA!!

Comment

My local store is terrible. Only go there in a pinch. And it usually ends up being 2 visits

Comment

My insurance had to sue them over damage to my pickup but that was a bad manager not the company's fault.
              On two occasions when I really needed help they took care of me even though they were fixin to close.

Comment

Originally posted by Rickybobby8 View Post
                Had a bolt through my tire in the pouring rain here. They we're closing down past their time. Stayed open and replaced my tire. Will never shop anywhere else
                Years ago, on a high school road trip near Waco, got a low tire indicator light near dark. Limped in to a Discount Tire near closing time. They fixed the tire in ten minutes and charged me nothing. I have done business with them ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                  She did need new tires. ,3 were pretty worn, one was still descent. Her spare, which was on the rear left of truck at the time was old and weather cracked. Well discount mounted 4 new tires and put that old cracked spare back under the truck and disposed of the one descent tire.
                  Did you ask them to put that certain one on? If not quit bitching and communicate

Comment

NEVER had a problem, good service and I can afford an hour to sit and read. There are always LEMON sites, but at least in Granbury I won't buy anywhere else.

In our fast pace society these days, take a little time, get to know the salesperson by name and ask for them when you go in. Wil, the GM at our local store, is a big hunter and we have become friends from several years ago. Do your research and if you have a problem ask to talk to the GM....works for me!

Comment

Originally posted by bk913 View Post
                      did you ask them to put that certain one on? If not quit bitching and communicate
                      wow!

Comment

I am a 30 plus year discount tire customer. In my case I have never had an issue that couldn’t be resolved.

Comment

Was.

Now get my stuff from the local family owned place ran by a high school buddy. Price is within 3 or 4 bucks of the big store with no wait and supporting local bidness

Comment

I always use them.. they will match online prices..

Comment

Originally posted by bk913 View Post
                              Did you ask them to put that certain one on? If not quit bitching and communicate
                              They always tout safety when trying to sell you tires, but they sure didnt care about my daughters safety when giving her back a maypop spare when there was a descent takeoff they easily could have put on. Any merchant I deal with doesnt get a second chance. Im done with them. Rather go to Walmart. And the deal about matching prices is crap. Ill buy from the company that made them match price.

Comment

The unfortunate truth is that there is not another competent tire dealer that offers tire warranty or lifetime rotation & balance.

NTB offers those things, is competitive on price, and happy to install the properly rated tires I want but seems unable to come up with the tires.....

Comment

Working...
                                X