Saints/Texans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NelsonV View Post
    Prevent defense prevents you from winning. Year after year it keeps happening and yet teams still keep doing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    100% Correct. Missed the game tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
      He gave himself up so the clock stops.

Did not know that. I was yelling don’t touch him!

Comment

1st game of the year, so I won't panic. O-line still giving up too many sacks, but outside of that it was a decent showing. You can't blame any defense for giving up 362 yards to Drew Brees. I mean, who hasn't he carved up? We have 15 more games and I don't hate our team as much as I thought I might.

Agree that prevent defense is what you play when you're trying to prevent a long TD. He needed less than 10 yards and we took 2 defenders out of the play. Dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by bklem View Post
          Did not know that. I was yelling don’t touch him!

I mean they had to have a timeout to stop the clock but it’s over when the receiver gives himself up and calls timeout.

Comment

I'm just ****** the meteor didn't happen...

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
              I'm just ****** the meteor didn't happen...
              That's just hateful. But I felt the same way on Saturday about 7pm.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                1st game of the year, so I won't panic. O-line still giving up too many sacks, but outside of that it was a decent showing. You can't blame any defense for giving up 362 yards to Drew Brees. I mean, who hasn't he carved up? We have 15 more games and I don't hate our team as much as I thought I might.

Agree that prevent defense is what you play when you're trying to prevent a long TD. He needed less than 10 yards and we took 2 defenders out of the play. Dumb.

Oline looked much better than they showed in preseason against Dallas.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  Oline looked much better than they showed in preseason.
                  True, but he still got sacked 6 or 7 times and got hit 40 brazillion times. That's better than the preseason, but not much. No QB can take a beating week in and week out. He's a very good QB and I'd like to have him for 15 years or so.

Comment

Chop chop choppa style!

Comment

Despite the loss and crap defensive calling at the end, good game. I honestly expected to get stomped. They had a very real chance to win it. And Deshaun showed how great he is that last drive.

Comment

I was actually impressed with the Texans. The last play before the winning kick is just inexcusable. They did well besides that.

Comment

True, but he still got sacked 6 or 7 times and got hit 40 brazillion times. That's better than the preseason, but not much. No QB can take a beating week in and week out. He's a very good QB and I'd like to have him for 15 years or so.
                          Curt, that’s what has me more ticked than anything else. Watson took a beating and carried us...but he won’t be able to take that beating all year. And I’d hate to have another Luck situation in a few years because of terrible line play

Comment

Prevent defense ALWAYS prevents your team from winning when a field goal will beat you. I hate that defense.

But that was a very entertaining game to watch. I wish the Texans could have held on for the W.

Comment

Who Dat!!

Comment

One heck of a game.

Comment

Working...
                                X