Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Again...if there are vehicles behind you, you must move to the right lane.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I rarely have folks run up behind me because I don’t move left to pass until that lane is clear and I’ll have time to pass without getting in anybody’s way. I wish more drivers would do the same. The left lane is for passing. Not cruising for five minutes at 1mph faster than the guy on the right.

Comment

Looks like I'm in the minority but I love tailgaters. Soon as they get around me I get this warm fuzzy feeling knowing I can speed up cause they are going to find all the cops for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
        Tailgating does a funny thing to my truck. It seems to create a sort of vortex. When it happens, it sucks my foot up off of the gas pedal.
        I didn't know what it was called but the same thing happens to my truck to

Comment

Too many of you really enjoy breaking the law.

Comment

Originally posted by E.TX.BOWHUNTER View Post
            Lol, no kidding. Not to mention, running the risk of never getting to see a wife, kids, the dogs, and hunting ever again after causing a major accident.

Comment

It's pretty funny to watch the tough guys get angry
              Are you sure you're not the one acting like a tough guy?

Comment

Originally posted by E.TX.BOWHUNTER View Post

Before you throw too many rocks camping out in the left lane impeding traffic and/or break checking is also illegal. This is such an easy thing to handle. It is all about common courtesy. If I am on a rural highway and someone comes up behind me if there is a good shoulder I just pull over and let them pass. It is safer for everyone and it is the nice thing to do. I was raised that way. If on a bigger highway I always move over to the right lane unless I am passing. It is a pretty simply thing to do. Who am I to assume that I have the right to try and control the behavior of someone else behind me? Maybe they have a sick child? Maybe a child with a small bladder that thinks they are about to bust...LOL. There are lots of reasons that people might feel the need to speed. I cannot imagine what kind of a ***** I would have to be to try and control them. Kind of reminds me of those kids that get picked on all of their lives and then they finally get elected to run one of those HOA things and makes everyone life miserable just because they can.

-john

Comment

Originally posted by Easttxhunterr View Post
                  Then they win. The passing lane is for passing. If I'm passing someone, why do they continue to tailgate? Its ridiculous and uncalled for.
                  I didn't know driving on a road was a competition.

Comment

Originally posted by BETTERLUCKYTHANGOOD View Post
                    I didn't know driving on a road was a competition.

[emoji23][emoji23] drive thru Houston everyday. You will see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Hoghunter View Post
                      Before you throw too many rocks camping out in the left lane impeding traffic and/or break checking is also illegal. This is such an easy thing to handle. It is all about common courtesy. If I am on a rural highway and someone comes up behind me if there is a good shoulder I just pull over and let them pass. It is safer for everyone and it is the nice thing to do. I was raised that way. If on a bigger highway I always move over to the right lane unless I am passing. It is a pretty simply thing to do. Who am I to assume that I have the right to try and control the behavior of someone else behind me? Maybe they have a sick child? Maybe a child with a small bladder that thinks they are about to bust...LOL. There are lots of reasons that people might feel the need to speed. I cannot imagine what kind of a ***** I would have to be to try and control them. Kind of reminds me of those kids that get picked on all of their lives and then they finally get elected to run one of those HOA things and makes everyone life miserable just because they can.

-john
                      Well said.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Hoghunter View Post

-john
                        Agree you never know if its an emergency or not.

I also loved the civilian high beam light patrol on the road. I worked nights and my police car had the nice bright regular headlights. I would be fine with people flashing 1 time from far away but then they start flashing repeatedly or turn them on and leave them. Then they got to find out I had more lights with pretty colors and that there was a ticket for that.

I wrote a lot of tickets for impeadong traffic I got a lot of "the guy behind me was tailgating" etc... I usually told them that was wonderful sign here.

If I ever worked an accident where someone break checked someone else I would be making an arrest that's for sure. I wouldnt care if their where injuries or not its still aggravated assault with or without injuries it states serious injuries or exhibits a deadly weapon a car is a deadly weapon espically when used in that manor. I would also tack on every traffic violation I could find and maybe even a criminal mischief charge just for good measure. In my county they would stick.

Hell the District judge where I work gave a guy 99 for 3rd strike when he fled on foot from a officer.

Even if none of the charges stick (which they likely would) it would ruin you because most applications for CHL, Jobs, professional licenses etc... ask if you have been arrested for not convicted of and a background check will show the arrests for the crimes. Not to mention the huge amount of money in legal fees and and lawsuits against you.

But hey its funny to jack with the guy behind you tailgating.

kronik by Diamond

Comment

I consistently see wrong by both, the ones who ride the left lane and those who tailgate, almost hit you when changing lanes. Seems like we have both in this thread. I am by no means a perfect driver, but some of yall need to realize that riding someones bumper and being all aggressive is often counterproductive. When you display aggression, yes, some will give in, but others respond with aggression. That is bad.

As a side note, being in a vehicle, for some, is kinda like the internet. Some get all emboldened and feel like a tough guy because they are in their little "safe" space. Think about what you would do in person when faced with the same scenario. Would you really try to intimidate and bully that 87 y/o grandma? Or that 6' 4" construction worker? Or are you just a bada-- in your big truck?

Comment

IF someone is tailgating you in the left lane, 1 of 2 things happened. You didn't pass the vehicle in the right lane in a timely manner, or you switched lanes with out checking to see if you had anyone running up the left lane. Moving to the left lane when approaching a slower vehicle, to avoid losing cruise control, when another vehicle is approaching, is just as courteous as tailgating.

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                              To expand. What gets me, is on I-10 heading east on a long weekend when the traffic is awful.

And people get in the right lane to pass people in the left, that are generally already speeding. So then people in the left start tailgating each other to keep people from cutting them off from the right lane. I am guilty of it and would say that most go about the same speed and it works for the most part. The system starts breaking down when people start braking for no reason.

I also cant stand when traffic backs up just after Sealy by the Brazos.
                              The #1 problem on I 10 is an officer always has someone pulled over for not knowing hiw to use the hov and toll lanes.
                              So the dang lanes have made more fines but worse traffic

Comment

Originally posted by Easttxhunterr View Post
                                Yes but if I’m passing someone and the person behind me is tailgating, they are getting a break check

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                u are the problem

Comment

Working...
                                X