This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
    Herman has to be thinking ****, why did Aggy get rid of Sumlin. He's got a headache in The Station! In all seriousness, Shephard might be the type to flip back in forth between now and signing day. Hell that goes for all of them.
    There is going to be significant movement between now and the early signing period.

Eight of sixteen hold offers from Texas while Seven of Nine hold offers from the Ag's. Both will close out with top 10 classes and Texas has already crept back up into the top 12 with nine kids verbaled. There's not much getting under the skin of these guys. They simply looked elsewhere once the talent does/did. Herman pulling West Coast kids this year while Jimbo is filling in the bottom half of his class with Florida talent. Good to see some good recruiting battles.... Although, eventually the new will wear off for one or the other.
    Last edited by Chad C; 06-12-2018, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Is this what happens when your baseball teams are at home watching? It's baseball season people. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
        Is this what happens when your baseball teams are at home watching? It's baseball season people. LOL.
        Do better than 0-2 like we did last year then you can stick your chest out further. Good luck to Tech and Texas

Comment

oktx's Official CFB Thread - Spring Season

This is great news!

Starting this season, football players can play in up to four games without losing a season of competition:

And

Players can now seek transfer without permission.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
          Last edited by Chad C; 06-13-2018, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
            Herman has to be thinking ****, why did Aggy get rid of Sumlin. He's got a headache in The Station! In all seriousness, Shephard might be the type to flip back and forth between now and signing day. Hell that goes for all of them.
            Tom is not worried about Jimbo and vice versa. They both know what they are doing and there are plenty of players for both of them to be good......for the first time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
              This is great news!

Players can now seek transfer without permission.

they will still have to sit out 1 year unless a graduate transfer..... the SEC has it's own set of rules in place forbidding players transferring to other in conference schools.

if the new NCAA rule trumps the current SEC rule, Saban gonna be pizzed.

Comment

They no longer have to seek permission from their coach to seek schollys from other schools. That's all that is.

The Red Shirt business is the big deal!

Last edited by Chad C; 06-13-2018, 12:02 PM.

Comment

The first part is the main thing here Blake. The red shirt rule.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                    The first part is the main thing here Blake. The red shirt rule.
                    I agree, the red-shirt rule is huge

....." The previous transfer rule, which required student-athletes to get permission from their current school to contact another school before they can receive a scholarship after transfer, was intended to discourage coaches from recruiting student-athletes from other Division I schools. The rule change ends the controversial practice in which some coaches or administrators would prevent students from having contact with specific schools. Conferences, however, still can make rules that are more restrictive than the national rule. ..... "

based on the bold above Saban ain't worried: NCAA new rule link ... https://www.ncaa.org/about/resources...ontact-process

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 17ncs View Post
                        A wolf in rabbit clothing . .

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                          They no longer have to seek permission from their coach to seek schollys from other schools. That's all that is.

The Red Shirt business is the big deal!

Part of me really likes this, part of me hates it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
                            Part of me really likes this, part of me hates it.

No perfect answer but, it sure seems like the recruiting season will never end with this new rule. Beginning to look a lot like free agency.

Comment

Originally posted by Rush2Judge View Post
                              No perfect answer but, it sure seems like the recruiting season will never end with this new rule. Beginning to look a lot like free agency.
                              That and I feel like it will hurt the development of players. If immediate playing time doesn't come, then transfer...possibly to a place they will get to play but not be developed. Also really hurts the odds of having a QB sit and develop and wait his turn. I love having a qb redshirt first year, play limited snaps in year 2, and then get 2 or 3 solid years as a starter and get drafted. That scenario is going to be almost nonexistent

Comment

I guess the only thing keeping a person from transferring every year is it eats up a year of eligibility each time they do?
                                Last edited by Smart; 06-14-2018, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X