Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JeffJ View Post
    Dad and I were just talking about all the one year old diesels with low miles that will be owned by the banks soon.
    I've been wanting another diesel.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ81 View Post
      Yea except for the lift kits, oversize tires, glass packs and programmers they put on them

Was with you until you said glass packs.

Comment

Lol well some like too hear the tires whine, some gotta drown out the whiners

Comment

Originally posted by wow View Post
          Went through the busts in the 70s and 80s you could go up in the derrick and all you could see were drilling rigs. in 85 you lucky to see one. Most banks were the biggest car lots around.
          In 1984 4,600ndrilling rigs looking for oil. in 1986 600 rigs looking for oil. if you went to a bank or went to buy a car and you told them you worked in the oil industry No money was loaned To you guys under the age of 40, it can get bad. Okla, Texas, La was in a depression. I hope I never see that again

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
            Rig Contracts dont go out the window!! Those are iron clad guaranteed deals.....at $24-$28K per day for 24-48 months
            I see contracts go out the window a lot.. Nothing is set in stone..

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
              ...if they will listen, but sadly, most will blow a lot of their good fortune to have what used to be known as luxuries, only to realize at age 56 that there is no way for them to retire with no retirement savings!

What were one luxury items for you people seem to be necessities nowadays.
              this is a major problem in our country. just watching the black friday hysteria shows where we place "junk" as a top priority in this country.

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
                I understand that, and I wasn't trying to be objective....but theres a HUGE difference between then and now....technology, technolgy, technolgy. We have a very good understanding on where it is and have it down to a science on how to get it....and that only improves daily. We have rigs "SIGNED" on guaranteed contracts and new builds scheduled out for many many years. Speculation will never let the crash happen again....when it does turn it will be a slowing down and not a hault.

That was then.....
                HAhaha, contracts in the drilling side mean little when a crash happens. contracts are not honored and then it's, U can't get blood out of a turnip when it come to collecting what is owed.

Comment

Hopefully people have learned from the past and are saving some of the money that they are earning. A major shot down hurts all of Texas not just oil field workers.

Comment

Originally posted by doppelganger View Post
                    I work for one of the largest oil/gas companies in the US. We are already going through reorganizing, aka early retirements and job reduction. It's already started for some producers/sellers. It'll trickle down soon. The company is trying to head it off at the pass, but reduction in job force is the first step, if prices keep falling then layoffs will be next.
                    I know some of the big time players for some major companies that share tidbits with me. I tried to tell some of these hands around here in the Eagle Ford to get ready for the slack times. The replies I got were this will never go away and we have 10 more years easy.

I see some of those hands have done been bucked off that horse and looking for a new ride..

Comment

I'm just looking for the right time to buy back in. The oil industry has always been cyclical - you just have to understand that and prepare...

Comment

Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Originally posted by kgrutzmacher View Post
                        I'm just looking for the right time to buy back in. The oil industry has always been cyclical - you just have to understand that and prepare...

Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered, just don't be a hog.

Believe me, I'm just waiting to start dumping more into company stock. Odd, I saw an investor analyst and he was predicting my company to have a 20% gain this year. Not sure about that, as we are extended in some cost overruns on some multibillion dollar projects overseas.

Hopefully those projects start producing this year and next. People have no clue how much r/d and exploration o/g companies invest, but all you hear are the greenies complaining about oil.
                        Last edited by doppelganger; 11-29-2014, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Where did RLB go? West Texas crude enjoyed a 10% drop on Friday and I need Mr. Big Bucks to tell me how that's going to impact my mailbox money. Hoping his iron clad contracts mean that my royalties go unchanged.

More importantly, considering that I am in the mortgage business, I need him to tell me how long the soundness of his rig contracts will stall an increase in foreclosures.

Even more importantly, I want him to post again so Burnadell can say something else.
                          Last edited by Porterhouse; 11-29-2014, 08:42 PM.

Comment

I see contracts get axed during boom times. Don't think for a second they won't during a bust

Comment

Originally posted by Porterhouse View Post
                              Where did RLB go? West Texas crude enjoyed a 10% drop on Friday and I need Mr. Big Bucks to tell me how that's going to impact my mailbox money. Hoping his iron clad contracts mean that my royalties go unchanged.

More importantly, considering that I am in the mortgage business, I need him to tell me how long the soundness of his rig contracts will stall an increase in foreclosures.

Even more importantly, I want him to post again so Burnadell can say something else.

Comment

Originally posted by asttbe View Post
                                I see contracts get axed during boom times. Don't think for a second they won't during a bust
                                I know a guy who makes the big bucks cause they pay him from the neck up that says you wrong!

Comment

Working...
                                X