Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All the hunters out there that have protein feeders could you please post a pic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's one I built a couple of years ago. I changed the bottom outlet tube to PVC with four outlets. The flat plate I had set up on it that you see in the picture was holding water and clogging up the end. It also has longer legs that that on it, Those were cut just so I could check and see if it was water tight. I also added the step so some one can stand and fill while someone in the back of a truck can hand them up to you. Hope this helps.

I have a new design that's should work better that I'm gonna work on this summer if I get time.
    Last edited by bzzboyz; 01-10-2007, 10:14 PM.

Comment

Very nice!! Thanks for the pics guys

Comment

Got about 5 dollars in each one.All scraps from a constrution site and free paint from the county recycle center.

Comment

Cool the only problem with those are that the protein would spoil due to the rain!

Comment

[ATTACH]8908[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]8909[/ATTACH]

Comment

I like that way buckwild!

Comment

I was building the lip of the trough 36" tall but they will often sink into the ground some and will build any others 44"s from the ground. Easy to fill
                Last edited by buck_wild; 01-16-2007, 02:01 PM.

Comment

I forgot to add that they have another opening on the other side you can't see. I've even done some with three openings but 2 seems to work well.

Comment

buck wild how do you make the openings. do you cut a slit and bend the barrel in. i'm going to try and make one like you have shown this weekend.

Comment

Yes, I cut the barrel with a grinder about 3 inches above bottom. Maybe an 18" cut, then I use a rubber mallet to dent it in. Shield was made from another barrel by cutting out small sections. Legs are cyclone fence rails that are welded at first ring up and then where they attach at bottom of barrel.

Comment

thanks buck wild i'm gonna give it a try

Comment

I have one that I am converting to a pvc feed spout instead of the dinner plate type it has on it right now. I would like to do the 4 way spout but so far have only seen the parts to do a 2 way. Any suggestions?

Comment

Here's some..........

Comment

Here's the other........

Comment

Working...
                              X