Major Stockshows- season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Major Stockshows- season thread

Well major stock show season starts tomorrow at the Fort Worth Stockshow and Rodeo. We will be there tomorrow for my daughter to compete in the Livestock Judging contest. She will compete in Fort Worth, San Antonio and Houston in Livestock Judging. We are taking 2 goats to San Antonio and she will also compete in Horse Skills in San Antonio. Should be a busy next few months. I know there are several that show as well. Best of luck to everyone and safe travels

Well today is the day. Getting ready to head down to the Fort Worth Stockshow for the Livestock Judging contest today. Good luck to anyone showing or competing in Fort Worth

Comment

Going to San Angelo and Houston with the granddaughter to show
      Mini Herefords. It will be busy.

Comment

I remember those days. Sure was a lot of work but it was also a lot of fun. Best of luck to y’all that are going and safe travels

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Y'all be careful in San Antonio, lot of thieving going on. Good Luck and kick some butt.

Comment

We are headed to Ft Worth on thursday for the jr. Heifer show. Then san antonio in feb and houston in march. Best of luck to all Juniors competing.

Kyle

Comment

We have county in a week and a half. Both kids have a steer and pen of rabbits. One of those steers goes immediately to Harvest House for the cash-knocker. I think we will be fighting one another to see which of us gets to beat him into the trailer. One of those!
              The other goes to SA to show light weight Shorthorn (plz Lord, on both accounts).

Comment

The day my girls quit showing was one of the best days of my life.

Comment

Well our county is after 2 of the majors so we have to have two sets of animals if we want to show at County and a major. We have 4 goats on feed. 2 for San Antonio and 2 for County. Got my daughter and son both showing

Growing up our county show was the week before Fort Worth so it worked great

Comment

Good luck in Cowtown!!

Comment

We start today at the Ft Worth Ag Mech Show. Will be back to Ft Worth next weekend for the Gilt show. Then we will be at the San Antonio Gilt Show, San Antonio Barrow Show (dark wave), TELS (our county show), and we will finish it out at the Houston Barrow Show (dark wave). Good Luck and Safe Travels to all the kiddos, parents and Ag Teachers/Extension Agents.

Comment

Used to show steers at San Antonio and Houston. It was always a blast. I like The Houston show better. Seems a lot more organized. Miss those days.

Comment

Well pretty tough Livestock Judging contest today at Fort Worth. My daughter’s team got 19 place out of 50 teams.

Last year my daughter was 8th place high point individual. This year she did not do very well. Hope she gets herself together for San Antonio and Houston

Comment

Well you all that have kids out there showing and getting ready for shows be careful. A kid in our barn got knocked down on Saturday evening by his Fort Worth sheep and fractured his tibia. They were supposed to be moving into Fort Worth on Thursday. Now the mother is scrambling trying to find someone to show the animal

Comment

My daughter will show at the follow shows.
                              SA Crossbred Gilt Show
                              SA Barrow- Dark Wave
                              Houston Barrow not sure which one we will take
                              Austin Barrow- same as above
                              Good luck to ya'll kiddos.

Comment

Working...
                              X