No announcement yet.

2018 Live Pig Hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys. Checked the camera this afternoon and he didn't show up until 12:22 last night. He's been coming in earlier, and then again around that time. I was out putting out corn late yesterday evening and may have thrown him off. Went to take my bow light off of the Rock last night and put it on the Z3. Hit the pressure switch, and nothing. Traced down the broken wire and went to the shop to get my soldering iron. Plugged it in, and nothing. Ran late feeding animals this evening and went to get the small 4 wheeler to ride to the stand. 4 flat tires! Lol, wasn't looking like I was gonna make it.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m out.

Skinny

Comment

Pretty sure I just got busted! Couldn't tell what it was. It came up behind me and stood for a little while. I heard it take off a splash in the creek and then run through my hot wire fence (not working). It never snorted or blew or anything, but it was pretty good sized.

Comment

I’m out.

Skinny

Comment

Dang it! Today just must not be a hog killin day.

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm gonna try to make it until 10. I talked myself out of wearing my coveralls and insulated boots. I know better than to listen to myself!

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
                I'm gonna try to make it until 10. I talked myself out of wearing my coveralls and insulated boots. I know better than to listen to myself!

Lol! I always do the same thing.Go out,decide my long sleeve shirt will do and then when i get to the stand I sit there freezing.

Comment

Well, I'm out now. Coons started fighting across the road at almost 10, so I sat a little longer. Something else came in to my south, but never came to the corn. I made a last minute decision, before the hunt to, take a feeder light with me. I don't have a feeder there, but I threw a rope over a tree limb and pulled it up about 15 feet. I turned it to dim, but I'm thinking the critters didn't like it. I'm going to tape up about half the lights next time I go.

Comment

Better luck to all y'all next time.

Comment

Most of my hunting will be later on in the summer if the pigs show up then like they have the past couple of years.
                      But I have feeders and cameras running and will be watching them so if any pigs show up and start eating my corn I'll stick em.

Comment

I'm probably gonna run Duke's traps until this Arctic blast passes. I didn't think it was going to be this cold tonight.

Comment

Coon only waited 9 minutes after I left to show up. Big boy showed up a little over an hour later and again just before 4 am. If I had known the rain was going to hold off tonight, I'd have given it another shot until it hit. Dang weather channel!

Comment

That pigs days are numbered.

Comment

Originally posted by dbpredator View Post
                              That pigs days are numbered.

Man, I hope so. I could set up a pop-up and get him for sure with a smoke pole, but I'd like to show him what the Rage is all about!

Comment

Put the dog out about 30 minutes ago, heard something down at the creek. Shined the light and there was big boy. Usually they look bigger on camera, but not this time. He walked in behind some brush but I could still hear him walking. Went back in the house for about 10 minutes and came back out to get the dog. Heard something just the other side of the fence, shined over and he was right there. 30 yards, tops, from my patio. Vicious hunting dog finally saw him and started barking before I could tell him hush. He only barked a couple times and I was able to whisper "hush", and he actually listened and obeyed for once. Went back in the house to have the wife come see him. Wife and youngest son came out and he slowly headed back to the creek. Son asked why I didn't get the gun. Wife smiled, rolled her eyes, and said "cause he wants to shoot it with the bow!" She gets me. Lol. Cold front has pretty much passed, and I'm pumped now. Checked cameras earlier today and he's still coming through twice a night pretty regular. He's also found my setup on the back side of the place.

Comment

Working...
                                X