• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweet

Comment

cool video

Comment

That is pretty cool. Did you harvest one of them bad boys this year?

Comment

Originally posted by ThunderBoltGuy View Post
          That is pretty cool. Did you harvest one of them bad boys this year?
          Actually, no. We shot neither. The 8 was too young and the 10 pointer with the broken G-2 got a free pass. I did make Pope and Young that year. I have that video here on TBH. It's call The Smooth 10.

Comment

I really enjoyed the video. Wish I had your skills (and the right camera) back in January when I hunted a large ranch near Falfurrias. I've been hunting deer since 1962 and the fight I saw one morning on that ranch was absolutely the most brutal tussle I've ever witnessed and all I had was a cheap digital camera. I had a 160+ class buck 25 yards from me at a feeder (we were doe hunting only). A big buck about like the victor in this video walked into view about 80-90 yards out. He started pawing the ground like a bull. The giant buck near the feeder turned, ears back, and walked toward the other buck.

They locked up and I mean dust and hair were flying! The fought for 3-4 minutes, each of them stumbling and falling a time or two. The pushed one another across my field of view (about 75 yds wide) and out of sight. I couldn't even tell you who "won", but man, it was a dandy of a fight!

Comment

Originally posted by 45er View Post
              I really enjoyed the video. Wish I had your skills (and the right camera) back in January when I hunted a large ranch near Falfurrias. I've been hunting deer since 1962 and the fight I saw one morning on that ranch was absolutely the most brutal tussle I've ever witnessed and all I had was a cheap digital camera. I had a 160+ class buck 25 yards from me at a feeder (we were doe hunting only). A big buck about like the victor in this video walked into view about 80-90 yards out. He started pawing the ground like a bull. The giant buck near the feeder turned, ears back, and walked toward the other buck.

They locked up and I mean dust and hair were flying! The fought for 3-4 minutes, each of them stumbling and falling a time or two. The pushed one another across my field of view (about 75 yds wide) and out of sight. I couldn't even tell you who "won", but man, it was a dandy of a fight!
              The hardest part is being where the big bucks are. Once your there, roll camera. My camera that I filmed that fight with cost me about $500. It is a Sony HD digital camera. The biggest thing I tryed to do was not to loose them in the camera. I wanted to watch the fight with my own eyes but I watched it through the screne on the camera. I'm glad I did.

Comment

That's some great footage! Good job brother...

Comment

This is a bump to get everyones blood pumping again. This is why we work like dogs filling feeders durning summer...

Comment

Sweet

Comment

an awesome video. very cool that you found the tine

Comment

that is a awesome vid!

Comment

nice, my first thought was if you went and looked for the broken tine

Comment

That's great

Comment

Great vid

Comment

Thanks for Sharing

Comment

Working...
                                X