Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txhushlife View Post
    yeah, the other guys
    The first was a joke and the second is fact, I do have just as much a right to hog hunt and the drawn hunters do to deer hunt. With that said, I don't hunt hogs till the winter.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by NxSTexan View Post
      What are you on about? Sociopathy? No one wants a psych lesson. No disrespect but that was a long winded, rant about nothing related. Whatever is going on between you and Sneaky, PM each other or just bite your tongue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Wish he would bite his tongue, but he's not capable. Anyway good luck out there.

Comment

Originally posted by AdventureBoy View Post
        Wish he would bite his tongue, but he's not capable. Anyway good luck out there.

Appreciated. I could use it.

Comment

Don't think that's what he meant. There's fellers in here and the other thread making comments about people keeping their mouths shut and such. As you've probably read.

Yep be smart and keep your mouth shut about Granger. There s a reason there was over 300 people at standby...idiots that like to come on the internet and brag. Used to be 100 people putting in for the entire draw now there's 1000s because of the internet. Went from a pretty much well kept secret to what we have today out there.
          Really don't give a **** if you or anybody else doesn't like what I have to say about it just like I'm sure you don't care what I have to say. You would think some of you would be a little smarter than y'all are....less you talk about it less people put in for the draw more chances of you being drawn. Guess it's difficult for some to comprehend. Hate seeing a place I have hunted for the past 20 years turn into what it has today.
          Last edited by bloodtrailer28; 10-22-2018, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by travisn321 View Post
            Typical example of a few bad apples making an entire community look bad, that being the hunting community this time.

Whether it’s a guy on his first hunt or someone that’s been out there for 50 years shouldn’t we all be working together?

That’s what a decent person would do.....

I've made the mistake of helping people out there before and it came back to bite me. Never again unless it's someone who is willing to put in the work do what it takes and keep their **** mouth shut about what the see. Tell someone one thing next thing you know they tell their friends then they tell their buddy's. Then there's stands all over an area for the next few years. Just like fishing spots you can ruin it by telling one person. Learned those lessons the hard way took me a few times getting burned but I figured it out.
            Last edited by bloodtrailer28; 10-22-2018, 09:33 PM.

Comment

And still others acting like this is a scene from West side story protecting turf. I'm a rookie and got into plenty of animals. Didn't stick anything this weekend, but I'll be back. Go in on private land if you aren't willing to share. We're all dropping coin on these draws and that keeps this going.
              Perspective, maybe the rookies blow all the chances and these deer mature even further to see another season. Antlers grow year over year, but you knew that already.

Just go hunt and don't worry about me bud I can walk out my back door and kill axis bb red stag fallow and Oryx. I have access to private land that borders granger that I hunt as well. Would gladly not hunt any of it for a chance to hunt the 1000s of acres out there. Just go hunt and try to kill some deer don't be like most of the draw hunters thay hunt a few times and say to hell with it. There's a reason the kill numbers have went way down the past couples years compared to what they were.

Comment

Oh and back to hog hunting...you deer hunters got your own thread.

Killed a 200+ pound boar out there sat evening after the draw. Figured might as well since I have been feeding him the past month. He was a Barr hog as well and something I didn't think I would see out there.

Comment

Really don't give a **** if you or anybody else doesn't like what I have to say about it just like I'm sure you don't care what I have to say. You would think some of you would be a little smarter than y'all are....less you talk about it less people put in for the draw more chances of you being drawn. Guess it's difficult for some to comprehend...[/QUOTE]

Makes me no nevermind if you do or don't like it. And I'm not worried about you. I've got enough to think about as a first timer. This is a bow Hunter forum, and I have no idea how many members it has but people learn about this one way or another. The more people tell adult males to not do something the more they're likely to.
                  I haven't been doing this long but there is a code I've come to understand already. I've been fortunate to have people share info with me but that didn't guarantee anything. I came up empty. But that area is covered in deer. Last year's harvest numbers weren't so good considering the amount of tags they were prepared to give out (80 deer out of >200 tags). Genetics will get diluted and bucks will get smaller. Those deer need getting is all I'm saying. It's a management hunt.
                  You're blessed to have acces to all those fine animals. My two cents which are worth just that as a rookie, share the areas and what to look for, not the exact stands unless you know you can trust that person. Those who blow that confidence can eat a bag of ----s. That takes time and risk. It is what it is. But we can't get cynical about it. This thread is evidence of what happens when we do.
                  God bless and godspeed. [emoji482]

Comment

Really don't give a **** if you or anybody else doesn't like what I have to say about it just like I'm sure you don't care what I have to say. You would think some of you would be a little smarter than y'all are....less you talk about it less people put in for the draw more chances of you being drawn. Guess it's difficult for some to comprehend...

Makes me no nevermind if you do or don't like it. And I'm not worried about you. I've got enough to think about as a first timer. This is a bow Hunter forum, and I have no idea how many members it has but people learn about this one way or another. The more people tell adult males to not do something the more they're likely to.
                    I haven't been doing this long but there is a code I've come to understand already. I've been fortunate to have people share info with me but that didn't guarantee anything. I came up empty. But that area is covered in deer. Last year's harvest numbers weren't so good considering the amount of tags they were prepared to give out (80 deer out of >200 tags). Genetics will get diluted and bucks will get smaller. Those deer need getting is all I'm saying. It's a management hunt.
                    You're blessed to have acces to all those fine animals. My two cents which are worth just that as a rookie, share the areas and what to look for, not the exact stands unless you know you can trust that person. Those who blow that confidence can eat a bag of ----s. That takes time and risk. It is what it is. But we can't get cynical about it. This thread is evidence of what happens when we do.
                    God bless and godspeed. [emoji482]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Good luck out there this season and enjoy the place as much as you can. Take full advantage of the opportunity you were given.

Comment

I'm still going to talk about, and take new people out there, and help people when they ask for advice, and show them spots that have a lot of potential, and talk about how many deer are out there, and utilize public hunting for my benefit and to show others the benefit it has. If you get upset about people talking about it then why would you join a hunting forum where discussion is about deer, hogs, locations, hunting........pretty hypocritical mindset

Comment

I'm still going to talk about, and take new people out there, and help people when they ask for advice, and show them spots that have a lot of potential, and talk about how many deer are out there, and utilize public hunting for my benefit and to show others the benefit it has. If you get upset about people talking about it then why would you join a hunting forum where discussion is about deer, hogs, locations, hunting........pretty hypocritical mindset
                        Good for you and I'll still call you a dip **** for doing it I wouldn't expect anytning else from someone like yourself. I joined TBH because I enjoy hunting not to share every piece of info I have gained over the years. Shouldn't be that hard to understand but I see it is for you.
                        Last edited by bloodtrailer28; 10-23-2018, 08:35 AM.

Comment

hmm, name calling...mature. If you would like some examples of what working together as hunters looks like why don't you go check out the Twin Buttes thread.....give you a good look on people in it for the joy of hunting and comradery. You just seem confused.

Comment

I think there is lots of come camaraderie just look at Grange Ranger extreme hunt... I think the problem people see on this thread is the number of eyes on it... personally I like the info and doesn’t matter what info you have you still have to put in the work Granger isn’t exactly an easy place to hunt

Comment

hmm, name calling...mature. If you would like some examples of what working together as hunters looks like why don't you go check out the Twin Buttes thread.....give you a good look on people in it for the joy of hunting and comradery. You just seem confused.
                              Not confused at all. I don't need or want to work with anybody I think you might be the one that's confused of you think I give a **** about that. I have a close knit group I hunt with out there and that's it. Nobody besides them helped me learn what I have out there helped me drag out deer helped me do a thing. So fend for yourself I know that's becoming a thing of the past for some.

Comment

Cause that's what will help out the hunting community, industry, and public land opportunities.

Comment

Working...
                                X