Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What’s all this rain and water going to do to the duck hunting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flex View Post
    I was so excited about the drought. All of my best years are when my spots are the only ones with water.

Lots of ducks this year on early reports. But now they have 10x as many options where to land. More rain should make small bodies of water more productive, tanks, ditches, sloughs, etc.

I'm in Waco area if it matters.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

There are no ducks in Waco..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've thought hard about hunting Oklahoma this year. We may just buy a five day license and make a long weekend trip up there.

Comment

Be the same for us on the coast. Redheads, pintail, widgeon and teal on the Laguna early morning and late evenings. And puddlers on the pot holes close to the bays mid mornings.

Comment

Scattered far and wide.

Sent from my SM-T827V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Cjh94 View Post
            There are no ducks in Waco..

Absolutely zero in Waco.Anybody planning to hunt here just go spend your morning waiting in line for a $9 cupcake at the silos. Cameron Park usually holds some.

Comment

Absolutely zero in Waco.Anybody planning to hunt here just go spend your morning waiting in line for a $9 cupcake at the silos. Cameron Park usually holds some.

It’s unbelievable how many people wait in those lines...

Comment

Originally posted by Cjh94 View Post
                It’s unbelievable how many people wait in those lines...

Dude. I know right! Went to Tennessee this summer. Flew austin to Cincinnati. No joke half the plane was wearing magnolia crap. Sat next to a couple from Kentucky, they were so pumped they could spend a week here, went on the waco tour, brazos safari boat, silos. People are insane.

Comment

Well our place on the river should have all the timber flooded so with the acorns mallards and wood ducks will be thick for the first half of the season. Has been a while since it was flooded good with acorns. Here at the house I think it will scatter them but the lake being low all summer grew up nice in grass and brush and it is all flooded now along with a few sloughs that should hold the birds in the area better than last year. Just scout and get on them the next day.

Comment

Just drove down from Southwest Missouri yesterday to south of Houston. Creeks rivers and ponds are full. It was cold in the 40s up their lots of geese moving.. We need ice and cold up north and water to go some where else before opener

Comment

According to reports Duck populations are down from last year. And with all of the rain it will scatter them.

Comment

As playa said, lots will stop in the panhandle. Unless we get a hard freeze, it will look like Arkansas up here with all the mallards, grey ducks and pintails. They will be spread all over, but those of us lucky enough to know landowners with flooded grain fields will be shooting limits fast and furious. I love it when this happens.

Comment

Dude. I know right! Went to Tennessee this summer. Flew austin to Cincinnati. No joke half the plane was wearing magnolia crap. Sat next to a couple from Kentucky, they were so pumped they could spend a week here, went on the waco tour, brazos safari boat, silos. People are insane.

Lmao! That dang safari boat always manages to find me every time I pull up to a spot to fish.

Comment

Working...
                          X