***Antlers86 LIVE 2018***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
    Don't think the dog could have bayed him up last night?
    My dog is a stray that showed up last fall. I put out a flyer and Facebook post for found Bloodhound. Nobody ever replied so I took him in. I don't know his level of tracking and it was just a try. I honestly think he was on the trail knowing now where the deer is. He went exactly to this spot and we turned around because my buddy didn't think he went that way. Ends up we were 100 yds or less from the water hole. That is where we heard a deer jump also and backed out the second time.

No sign of buck again just yet. He is set up on the opposite side of the water just waiting.

Comment

Originally posted by Bazo View Post
      Any word on a 2nd shot or recovery?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Still sitting and waiting. Thick cover around the water. I'm sure he is just bedded there and possibly already expired. If he doesn't see him again he wants to wait until morning to walk to the exact spot he last saw him.

Comment

In. Good luck this season and keep us posted on your buddies deer. Hopefully he recovers him.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
          My dog is a stray that showed up last fall. I put out a flyer and Facebook post for found Bloodhound. Nobody ever replied so I took him in. I don't know his level of tracking and it was just a try. I honestly think he was on the trail knowing now where the deer is. He went exactly to this spot and we turned around because my buddy didn't think he went that way. Ends up we were 100 yds or less from the water hole. That is where we heard a deer jump also and backed out the second time.

No sign of buck again just yet. He is set up on the opposite side of the water just waiting.

Ahhh 10-4. One thing i have learned is always listen to the dog! Hope your buddy can recover him

Comment

Still sitting and waiting. Thick cover around the water. I'm sure he is just bedded there and possibly already expired. If he doesn't see him again he wants to wait until morning to walk to the exact spot he last saw him.
            If hes gut shot and its been almost 24 hours now I bet he's dead. If not very very weak and ain't gona go far...id be trying to put him out of his misery or recover some meat and not let him go to waste over night.

Comment

In

Comment

Ahhh 10-4. One thing i have learned is always listen to the dog! Hope your buddy can recover him
                I was excited to see him work. Head down and nostrils knocking! When he smelled the arrow and then the ground he was off. Pulling him away 300-400 yds in was a tug a war match. He acted different everywhere else after that.

Comment

If hes gut shot and its been almost 24 hours now I bet he's dead. If not very very weak and ain't gona go far...id be trying to put him out of his misery or recover some meat and not let him go to waste over night.
                  Been 20 hrs and as of 5 hrs ago he was still alive. I bet he is very weak. He is sitting over the water hole watching for him. It's 50 yds Diameter so any struggle or movement from the deer he will see brush moving.

Comment

in for your hunt and buddy's outcome

Comment

Been 20 hrs and as of 5 hrs ago he was still alive. I bet he is very weak. He is sitting over the water hole watching for him. It's 50 yds Diameter so any struggle or movement from the deer he will see brush moving.
                      is it too thick to get a finishing shot?

Comment

Originally posted by sambo73 View Post
                        is it too thick to get a finishing shot?
                        Yes unless he comes out more. Earlier all he could see was face and throat patch.

Comment

Good luck on the 7 point.
                          Hope your buddy can finish off the eight.

Comment

He just sent me a teaser pic of a tine!!!!!

Waiting for him to call and give me the story!

Comment

He just sent me a teaser pic of a tine!!!!!

Waiting for him to call and give me the story!
                              awesome!!

Comment

Man he's a toad!

Comment

Working...
                                X