This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rvd View Post
    Agree, Frogs were physically pushed around in all aspects, especially the los. The TCU DB's are not built to deal with the size/physicality of the Horn's big receivers and their safeties honestly looked flat footed on several of the big plays. I also think they came into Austin thinking they were going to roll the Horns like they have the last few years.
    Texas has always been bigger than TCU. This is not a revelation. The DB's have always been undersized as well. They held Texas to 100yds rushing and allowed no sacks with two back up guards so I don't think they got manhandled in the trenches. TCU certainly didn't dominate on the line by any means but they didn't get steamrolled either. The difference in the game was the young QB turned it over and Ehlinger stepped up and made plays and didn't turn it over. You have to tip your hat to the kid, he played great. Texas definitely played with more energy and deserved to win the game! And yes, tackling has been atrocious all year.

Side note, I'm not sure they will be able to beat Iowa State with the injuries being reported today.....

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
      We’ll let Jimbo know Bob! Consider it done. Speaking of piggies, where did all of our Razorback fans go this season?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I think the same place some of the resident sips went during weeks 1 & 2.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
        Texas has always been bigger than TCU. This is not a revelation. The DB's have always been undersized as well. They held Texas to 100yds rushing and allowed no sacks with two back up guards so I don't think they got manhandled in the trenches. TCU certainly didn't dominate on the line by any means but they didn't get steamrolled either. The difference in the game was the young QB turned it over and Ehlinger stepped up and made plays and didn't turn it over. You have to tip your hat to the kid, he played great. Texas definitely played with more energy and deserved to win the game! And yes, tackling has been atrocious all year.

Side note, I'm not sure they will be able to beat Iowa State with the injuries being reported today.....

4 Turnovers that resulted in 2-3 TDs isn't going to win games. Drop passes that leave you in bad field position isn't going to win games. Sloppyass football isn't going to win games. Robinson has all the tools to be a star but 2 games 8 turnovers isn't going to win games. During the same two games TCU forced ZERO turnovers. Have to play smarter, cleaner football.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
          4 Turnovers that resulted in 2-3 TDs isn't going to win games. Drop passes that leave you in bad field position isn't going to win games. Sloppyass football isn't going to win games. Robinson has all the tools to be a star but 2 games 8 turnovers isn't going to win games. During the same two games TCU forced ZERO turnovers. Have to play smarter, cleaner football.
          All true, but Robinson will be fine. He's learning, it's just part of having a young team. Growing pains suck but it's a reality. He's way further along than Boykin at this age and Dalton at this age. And it's not really close actually. It is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
            Same way I feel about LSU/Ole Miss. Sometimes teams that are lesser on paper or against other teams, even, and in the same year will just rise to the occasion to play great. I take nothing for granted with LSU playing Ole Miss (forget rankings, which mean little anyway).

Geaux Tigers!

And Hook 'Em, Horns!

You can throw Arkansas in that mix as well! If I had to make a living betting the LSU/Arkansas game I would be living in a box under a bridge somewhere.

Comment

All true, but Robinson will be fine. He's learning, it's just part of having a young team. Growing pains suck but it's a reality. He's way further along than Boykin at this age and Dalton at this age. And it's not really close actually. It is what it is.
              I agree Robinson just needs to settle down and quit trying to force something that isn't there and he needs to quit signaling which receivers hes going to with eye movement. I'm think 7-5 + bowl

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                I think the same place some of the resident sips went during weeks 1 & 2.
                Rent Free. Perfect example. No one was talking about Texas.

We were all here btw. None of us left.

Epic fail.

Stick to week 5 per Casey's request.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
                  We’ll let Jimbo know Bob! Consider it done. Speaking of piggies, where did all of our Razorback fans go this season?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  We don’t have much to cheer about, that’s for sure!

I wasn’t able to watch the last two games. (Trying to help dad get some stuff in around the rains). I don’t like the Hogs chances, and I hate the game in Dallas. I wish they’d just do a home and home.

The Hog’s defense got a couple key playmakers back, and believe it or not, I don’t think the defensive unit is too shabby. Problem is, big fat Bert left us with no qb, no offensive line, bad special teams, and in my opinion, a bad attitude. It will probably take Morris a while to dig out of the hole. Hogs will always be an underdog, but I think they can expect to perform better than they have the last several years.

Comment

Kstate switched QB’s. Kryptonite is brewing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post

son of a...

Comment

Good, I want to see all those same blitzes from last weekend and let a new kid try to sort them out.

Comment

Delton's starting? That will be easy for Orlando. He can't throw a lick. He's about as one dimensional as it comes, Texas D will suffocate.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                            Good, I want to see all those same blitzes from last weekend and let a new kid try to sort them out.
                            Yep. He played against TCU last year and was completely overwhelmed. And their OL is worse this year. I know Texas is gun shy after recent history, but they gonna roll this KState team.

Comment

Great, we will get RPO, Jump Pass, QB draw on 3rd and long to death

Comment

Yep. He played against TCU last year and was completely overwhelmed. And their OL is worse this year. I know Texas is gun shy after recent history, but they gonna roll this KState team.
                                I hope you are right, but I’ll believe it when I see it!

Comment

Working...
                                X