home owners ins rate hike?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

home owners ins rate hike?

my house rate doubled since last yr is this typical? its a contracted geico company I have had for 7 yrs no prob...

Their explanation was the hurricane claims caused it to go up across the board- anyone else or is this bs?

brazoria county

PM Sent

Comment

Its typical with all insurers. When they pay out due to hail, tornadoes, hurricanes, rates go up. This has been my experience.

Comment

I'm I'm Brazoria county too and mine went up, but not double. I expected it based on the amount the insurance companies paid out last year.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

to be clear ive been paying about 450 with 3% deduct.

my new premium is 900$

2244sqft home built in 2002 typical cookie cutter home in pearland-

Comment

So what happened to all the money they took in for the years that there wasn't a large payout due to natural disaster.

Comment

never hurts to get other quotes.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                So what happened to all the money they took in for the years that there wasn't a large payout due to natural disaster.
                This is my question......it goes up when they need it to, but will it go down when they don't need it?

Comment

Originally posted by kingranch View Post
                  to be clear ive been paying about 450 with 3% deduct.

my new premium is 900$

2244sqft home built in 2002 typical cookie cutter home in pearland-
                  how much is it insured for?

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                    There isn't one! As far as homeowners insurance goes there's years they lose money and years they lose LOTS of money! If it wasn't for your auto nobody would offer homeowners in Texas.

Comment

Mine went down this year, which was a first for me. But I'm in West Texas and insured through farm bureau.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm in DFW area and mine went up by almost 25% when I called and asked they said it was because of the recent hail storms. I'm shopping around.

On another note my houses in College Station were almost the same as years past.

Comment

Typical, you will get punished for those that live in high risk zones!

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                            There isn't one! As far as homeowners insurance goes there's years they lose money and years they lose LOTS of money! If it wasn't for your auto nobody would offer homeowners in Texas.
                            Said the insurance guy!! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Roy D Mercer View Post
                              how much is it insured for?

Comment

Working...
                              X