DPF complete delete kit recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
    After a ton of research, and making some calls...ive decided to finally get around to doing it. Going to do it myself.
    Ordered a h&s minimaxx, a full 4" turbo back w/muffler pipe, sinister egr delete.
    Putting it on later this week.
    Take lots of pics and just go slow....easy as pie.

Comment

I don't know if it's the same on the Ford but be careful with Mini Maxx especially with the defueling setting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
        I don't know if it's the same on the Ford but be careful with Mini Maxx especially with the defueling setting.

What do you mean?
        It comes with 4 preloaded tunes...wasnt planning on using anything over tow...
        Is there something I'm missing?
        Everything I've read/youtubed on the minimaxx and my truck was pretty glowing.... and pretty much pluginplay...
        Last edited by systemnt; 06-17-2017, 04:13 PM.

Comment

DPF complete delete kit recommendation

What do you mean?
          It comes with 4 preloaded tunes...wasnt planning on using anything over tow...
          Is there something I'm missing?
          Everything I've read/youtubed on the minimaxx and my truck was pretty glowing.... and pretty much pluginplay...

Lots of blown head gaskets on the Cummins with the Minimaxx especially when playing with the defueling settings.

Like I said I don't know if the Ford has seen the same issues but I shied away from the Minimaxx because of no factory support and EFI Live seems to be the better more customizable platform to me.

Comment

Ahhh gotcha

Comment

After a ton of research, and making some calls...ive decided to finally get around to doing it. Going to do it myself.
              Ordered a h&s minimaxx, a full 4" turbo back w/muffler pipe, sinister egr delete.
              Putting it on later this week.

I rolled 100,000 this past week so I'm right behind you!

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                I rolled 100,000 this past week so I'm right behind you!
                Just did the same on my 12 and ready to delete. Just not sure what I want to go with.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                  Just did the same on my 12 and ready to delete. Just not sure what I want to go with.
                  The choices will make you dizzy.

Comment

The choices will make you dizzy.

All in what's it going to cost DIY?

Comment

Any body with questions on tuners an deletes etc I would contact no limit fabrication I ordered all my stuff from them and the customer service/prices were great

Comment

I paid 1650$ I believe to my door tuner full turbo back exhaust an s&b intake along with egr block off plates

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                          All in what's it going to cost DIY?
                          Depends on what you go with..
                          Type of pipe..size...muffler...length... tip.... what tuner...what tuner mount.... egr delete... cold air intake...air filters...etc...
                          Like I said...dizzy..
                          Seen everything from 900 to 2800...
                          I settled for a $1300 kit (tuner/full pipe w/muffler, egr delete) plus a couple extras (tuner mount)

Comment

EFI Live is the only way to go. DEF/ DPF Delete and TBE and you're GTG...

Comment

Originally posted by Maxxed Outdoors View Post
                              Most dealerships won't take a trade that is deleted and tuned. Too many people tear up a trans or motor then roll into the dealership and try and trade it off.
                              My guy will charge me 500 to put it back to stock and it will be good to go.

I did my 14' chevy 3500 at 88,000 miles when i had 6 codes about the stock fuel system.

I paid 2500.00 for everything. I was at 13.1 mpg then drove off the lot at 19.1 mpg. I was initially not into speed at all in this truck due to it being a long bed. But i gave a brand new f-150 and Audi a run for their money the other day not bragging just cannot believe how fast the truck has become. I turned my fuel up to 5 and can roll just a little bit of black smoke. Truck runs clean.

Comment

Parts are in.. installed minimax..
                                Then started the pipe...
                                Got the old one out. Mfer is heavy.
                                Not too difficult...rubber hangers were the most challenging even with a hanger pliers.
                                Done for tonight... putting in New pipe, egr delete tomorrow morning..

Comment

Working...
                                X